PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine C353 Boots up, touch screen freezes.

Custom Search

GHodgeCo
02-19-2013, 04:29 AM
I have a KM Bizhub c353. The machine boots but then locks up & won't copy, print, fax...nuthin. I removed the HDD, had it checked, works fine. Checked ribbons, all seated. Pulled DIMM's, reseated. Reseated fax board. Reseated touch screen cable. All to no avail. Help! BTW, thanx to blazebusiness for all the help so far.

JustManuals
02-19-2013, 05:53 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Zeldaman
02-19-2013, 06:59 AM
Hi there!
Load up the firmware again, this must solve your problem.
Greetings...

Zeldaman
02-19-2013, 07:02 AM
Hi there!
Reload the firmware, i think this will solve your problem.
Greetings...

JSC
02-19-2013, 07:40 AM
I have a KM Bizhub c353. The machine boots but then locks up & won't copy, print, fax...nuthin. I removed the HDD, had it checked, works fine. Checked ribbons, all seated. Pulled DIMM's, reseated. Reseated fax board. Reseated touch screen cable. All to no avail. Help! BTW, thanx to blazebusiness for all the help so far.

If firmware does not help, I'd replace the ram next.

blazebusiness
02-19-2013, 12:10 PM

Just to elaborate on the problem-----spoke with GHodge via phone---origional symptom was a CD004 hard drive error code. Told him The HDD has either become corrupt or has failed..... User pulled his own hard drive and had it checked with a computer repair place who stated the hard drive tested good. When he reinstalled---no more CD004 code and machine almost completely starts up and tries to do grad adjust then panel freezes up/becomes unresponsive. As many of the Konica Minolta's boot from the compact flash card was going to pull a compact flash card from a machine in our warehouse to swap it out and see if that is the problem and found that the C353 is a bit different than the some of the other Konica's and does not boot from the compact flash----the compact flash card on this model is apparently only inserted to install firmware and then is removed from the machine. So, obviously, corrupt firmware may be the problem. We have access to the firmware.....I'll update it & post back here the fix for this.

GHodgeCo
02-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Just to elaborate on the problem-----spoke with GHodge via phone---origional symptom was a CD004 hard drive error code. Told him The HDD has either become corrupt or has failed..... User pulled his own hard drive and had it checked with a computer repair place who stated the hard drive tested good. When he reinstalled---no more CD004 code and machine almost completely starts up and tries to do grad adjust then panel freezes up/becomes unresponsive. As many of the Konica Minolta's boot from the compact flash card was going to pull a compact flash card from a machine in our warehouse to swap it out and see if that is the problem and found that the C353 is a bit different than the some of the other Konica's and does not boot from the compact flash----the compact flash card on this model is apparently only inserted to install firmware and then is removed from the machine. So, obviously, corrupt firmware may be the problem. We have access to the firmware.....I'll update it & post back here the fix for this.

From reading other posts, I may need a couple new DIMMs, We'll see.?.

Avskrap
02-19-2013, 03:06 PM
My money's on the DIMMs. It's a common problem with these machines, faulty RAM, usually results in a black display but can also produce this type of problem.
And yeah, no booting from flash cards, that's for the older ones ;)

blazebusiness
02-19-2013, 11:38 PM
From reading other posts, I may need a couple new DIMMs, We'll see.?.
I'll swing by with those dimm's and we'll see if that fixes your problem my friend.

GHodgeCo
02-21-2013, 12:26 AM
Turns out it was the DIMM's. No firmware needed. We're back up & runnin'. I am a very happy man right now! Thanks for all your help blazebusiness. :D

GHodgeCo
02-21-2013, 12:27 AM
My money's on the DIMMs. It's a common problem with these machines, faulty RAM, usually results in a black display but can also produce this type of problem.
And yeah, no booting from flash cards, that's for the older ones ;)

Thank you for the advice. It was the RAM. :)

blazebusiness
02-22-2013, 12:42 AM
Turns out it was the DIMM's. No firmware needed. We're back up & runnin'. I am a very happy man right now! Thanks for all your help blazebusiness. :D

No problem, glad to be of service. A happy customer is a beautiful thing.

Custom Search