PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 552 what to expect??

Custom Search

fshead
02-19-2013, 01:28 PM
I have been offered to pick up a service contract at a law firm wth a bizhub 552.
i did spend 10 years working for minolta but that was over 20 years ago.
ep 850 was the last and i think ep8601? if i remember correct..
I have worked on a few color bizhubs but not too often..
so here is the question,is this a good box?
i saw the dev goes 1mil and the drum 250k,how bout the heater rollers?
feed rollers?
thnx

Avskrap
02-19-2013, 02:25 PM
These machines are built with units for the developer unit, fuser and so on. So you don't replace developer or fuser rollers, you replace developing units and fusing units.
The fuser is specified at 600k, the feed rollers at 300k. The fuser and rollers usually fail way earlier if the customer is shoving heavy stock through on normal settings, but they generally live up to the specifications.

EDIT: I can also add that these machines are very reliable. It's basically a C552 with the color parts taken out (different PWBs, but yeah...), the engine itself is very durable. We've got a customer that's got 14 of these machines and we've been there once since they were installed last July, for a squeaky fuser.

CraigW
02-19-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm kind of glad the 601s are gone... they never really fixed the toner dumping monsters clear back to the original 7155s. Time for some new blood.

fshead
02-19-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm kind of glad the 601s are gone... they never really fixed the toner dumping monsters clear back to the original 7155s. Time for some new blood.

i kinda just remembered that minolta use to use the word "starter" in regard to developer..
hows is the software side of these?
print and scan side..
thnx

blazebusiness
02-20-2013, 12:11 AM
i kinda just remembered that minolta use to use the word "starter" in regard to developer..
hows is the software side of these?
print and scan side..
thnx

These machines are great. Once you get used to them you may find that you like them more than the Ricoh's you normally service. I have always favored Canon equipment but Konica Minolta copiers have come a long way and I think they are better now than most other brands including Canon. Parts are slightly pricey but these machines are Super reliable....on the software/IT side very easy to setup. On the service side, very easy to maintain/repair. Just be sure to factor in the volume they do and the cost of all those maint. items aforementioned when you bid on the service contract so you don't take a loss.

fshead
02-20-2013, 05:05 PM
These machines are great. Once you get used to them you may find that you like them more than the Ricoh's you normally service. I have always favored Canon equipment but Konica Minolta copiers have come a long way and I think they are better now than most other brands including Canon. Parts are slightly pricey but these machines are Super reliable....on the software/IT side very easy to setup. On the service side, very easy to maintain/repair. Just be sure to factor in the volume they do and the cost of all those maint. items aforementioned when you bid on the service contract so you don't take a loss.

thnx,
i always try to guide the yearly vol on the higher side to be safe...how close to yield do the PM kits go in your opinion..
I try to stay out of most customers network and server connection but seem to always get dragged in and find it s a thin line
as i dont want to be their IT guy...and if its a law firm i usually add 20% more cost and headaches..

blazebusiness
02-20-2013, 05:10 PM
thnx,
i always try to guide the yearly vol on the higher side to be safe...how close to yield do the PM kits go in your opinion..
I try to stay out of most customers network and server connection but seem to always get dragged in and find it s a thin line
as i dont want to be their IT guy...and if its a law firm i usually add 20% more cost and headaches..

Most parts go their expected life or more with the exception of fuser units. Fuser life can vary greatly for a variety of factors.

fshead
02-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Most parts go their expected life or more with the exception of fuser units. Fuser life can vary greatly for a variety of factors.

GREAT,,
appreciate the input..now i gotta read the service manual and try to remember the service modes..

Custom Search