PDA

View Full Version : Odd Scanning Issue with BizHub C25 in MacOS enviroment

Custom Search

Fluffy
02-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Hey Everyone

I've run into something odd with scanning to the newer releases of Mac OS X, specifically 10.7.5 and above.

I have a client that has a BizHub C25 that they Scan to Folder(SMB) to each Mac in the office. Recently, they upgraded two of the Macs to the newer releases to use a certain software in the office.

However, once they did that they could not open any PDF scans that were sent from the C25. The odd thing is that the MFP will send the scan without an issue... but when the users try to open the file, it tells them that they don't have the necessary permissions to access the file.

The work-around I found is to right-click the PDF and go into "Get Info" and you can add the appropriate permissions to allow the user to open the file. However, the user doesn't want to have to do that for every single scan they do throughout the day.

Through my research, I found that Apple changed to their own brand of SMB protocol in Lion which may be the entire issue. I upgraded the firmware for the C25 to the latest as of two weeks ago but did not seem to help.

I'm running out of ideas and any guidance would be appreciated from the community here!! :D

Thanks

Jason

morpk
02-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Hi i have had this before when you setup the scan button make sure that the username and password of the user that is logged in

for e.g some users don't like to have passwords on their mac's so you might setup another account to authen the scan unfortunately you can't do this anymore.

hope that makes sense

kronical
02-20-2013, 11:12 PM
You answered your own question. Newer MAC releases uses a new protocol based off of SMB, but is not at all SMB. Bizhub feature requires standard SMB. Thus, since newer MACs dont use SMB, its not going to work. They may need to find a true SMB server app to add SMB functionality to those MACs. Otherwise use FTP.

Mr Spock
02-21-2013, 12:36 AM
What Morpk said. And it is not just the c25 but just about all the Konica machines and probably others as well. The user that is logged in is the one that has to be used to scan to the mac or it gives that issue. Beat my head against the wall over that one.

Custom Search