PDA

View Full Version : Konica C451 finisher removal.

Custom Search

Lasersupplies
02-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Hi, i bought a konica c451 copier and when i recieved it i realised that they had sent out a finisher with it. My problem is i dont have the space for it and i was wondering if there is a possible way of removing thg finisher and still print to the copier? It throws up an error when i disconnect the finisher. Do i need any parts to convert it back to a standard copier?

Many Thanks

kingarthur
02-20-2013, 04:38 PM
What error are you getting

JustManuals
02-20-2013, 04:48 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Lasersupplies
02-20-2013, 04:49 PM
"The part indicated by (arrow) is open.
Ensure that it is properly closed.

The arrow indicates where the finisher was but i do not wish for it to be attached.

mrwho
02-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Turn off the machine, unplug from the wall, disconnect finisher from machine and open it (slide to the left). Turn on machine and test. If it doesn't complain and if it copies OK, then you can safely* grab your screwdriver and take it off.

Safely = With the machine turned off and making sure you don't dismantle anything you're not supposed to.

Lasersupplies
02-20-2013, 04:59 PM
I have removed the finisher in that order but still recieve the error. Can this be used without the finisher attached to it? is there anything that needs to be disabled in the service mode?

907tec
02-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Did you unplug and remove the horizontal transport as well?

mrwho
02-20-2013, 07:37 PM
You shouldn't need to disable anything. What finisher are we talking about? The one I'm looking at now is an FS-519...

EarthKmTech
02-20-2013, 10:56 PM
you arent removing all of the finisher, clearly.

by the sounds of things you have the internal finisher and are just unplugging the elevation unit. You need to also slide out the central section and unplug the big plug at the back of the machine.

If you have the huge boxy external finisher, your clearly leaving in the relay unit - just remove it and unplug it from the back of the machine. the finisher connector is a large gray AMP brand socket and plug with a black cable. The document feeder uses a similar connector.

Lasersupplies
02-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Hi, thanks for the tip guys. Do i need to buy a replacement part to slide over the metal area and if so how much would this be?

Many Thanks

kingarthur
02-22-2013, 04:57 PM
you need an OT-503.....

Custom Search