PDA

View Full Version : C8000 Creo IC307 (job not processing)

Custom Search

jrf
02-21-2013, 12:07 AM
I Have a C8000 with a Creo Controller. When a job is selected it starts to process but then just disapears down into the storage quewe.
I have reloaded software to controller.
Any ideas please!

eifling
02-21-2013, 06:29 PM
I Have a C8000 with a Creo Controller. When a job is selected it starts to process but then just disapears down into the storage quewe.
I have reloaded software to controller.
Any ideas please!

I assume you are importing the job from another computer or a server. Try this. Go to the file location, copy the file to the desktop. Then rename the file, when I have had this issue I just added a 1 to the file. Doesnt really matter as long as it has a different name. After renaming, import it. Iv'e seen this many times and it seems that once it bugs out and does this it will always bug out. But by renaming it, it thinks its a different file.

Mick01
02-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Is it just this specific job or all jobs?
It appears to me to be a postscript error when processing the job. If you highlight the job and click on the info (yellow button), it should display the error you are getting.
If it is a PS error (and it is a PDF) run analyse and fix in acrobat (you need the full version not reader). This will distill the file and hopefully resolve the PS error.

jrf
02-22-2013, 11:26 PM
It happens to all files, I have tried renaming files as suggested but still the same result.
Unfortunately its not giving me any details of error.
Ive tried the run the disc wipe utility, but it wont run so i have quite a serious problem with this unit.

Thanks for replies, any more ideas would be appreciated.

Nor
02-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Which graphics program are you using to send the file?
One of my customers is using Corel Draw, and if the file is not processed correctly before sending the file to IC307, it will be rejected.

Mick01
02-24-2013, 10:23 PM
It's strange it doesn't indicate an error? Usually if it fails in the processing queue it will drop into the print queue in red?
I would suggest a reload of the Creo App, load all current patch files and try again.
does the Creo have the upgrade that allows it to print to a C8000? There is an upgrade dongle that must be used, if this is not in then the creo will only connect to a C6000/C7000.

jrf
03-06-2013, 08:54 PM
After reloading Creo App and doing disk wipe we had to send this for repair. If i get a report ill let you know what
the problem was.
Thanks for help!

Custom Search