PDA

View Full Version : C353 transfer belt torn up

Custom Search

mascan42
02-21-2013, 12:26 AM
I arrived at a C353 yesterday to find this on the transfer belt:

The machine has only 83k copies on it, and is only 4 years old. It is a public-use machine, but it's in sight of the service counter, so it's unlikely to have been abused. Any idea what might cause such a disaster?

blackcat4866
02-21-2013, 12:45 AM
I've seen this a few times after J30-03 jams, but only one "mustache". The multiple "mustaches" or piercings have to be misuse, since they do not line up with the belt separation claw. A sharp pointed tool would be required. Pen, pocket knife, awl, ice pick, ... your choice. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
02-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Something has gotten in there, possibly a staple or some other foreign material. I doubt the average generic dumbass would even know what a transfer belt was.

habik
02-21-2013, 01:36 PM
A Label can cause this!! Print labels from Tray 1 or 2 only and for sure use LASER labels ONLY not Ink Jet only!!!!

When using labels from Bypass it tend to peel off within the registration curve and loop.

or

when label sheet is passed more than once through fuser! a.e trying to save a Ģ0.15 and does damage of Ģ400 ..meh..

or as EarthKMtech suggested. I would not be surprised if they separated stapled document put it through bypass to Copy some 2nd side as A4R and forgot to REMOVE the staple :)

or

junk staples fell on bypass tray whilst feeding paper

I would examine the whole of the inside of the m/c and all IU's just to be sure!!!

MAD0RAM
02-22-2013, 11:35 AM
That is the worst belt damage I have ever seen If you do figure out what caused that let us know.

Imsdal
02-22-2013, 03:41 PM
I had this problem twice and it was because of the toner. The toner get in the edge of the BK drum and itīs start to collect on the edge till the belt is fullt and itīs torn apart like in the picture. My advice use original toner. I am technichian with 15 years of experience. Sincererly David

Jnr
02-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Looks like a few things are happening.

Could be an object rolling about.

Paper or labels going through

Custom Search