PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Kyocera KM 2030, Says needs Toner when full cartridge is their

Custom Search

Doug James
02-21-2013, 02:04 AM
Customer says panel reads "Machine Error", Not sure yet what the code is. Also says needs toner when it doesn't. I changed the developer last week, I initialized developer and so on. Also the customer says the waste toner sump is empty.

Walked into a mess last week with a whole lot of problems on this machine and only solved one in changing the developer for light copies and lines... ugh.. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

JR2ALTA
02-21-2013, 02:17 AM
Blast from the past.

The toner they bought will fit into the machine, but the drive gear is keyed differently. Look very carefully and you'll see.

I'm not sure if it's a Kyocera vs. Copystar thing or just a bad ripoff artist, but it's screwed thousands of people.

Doug James
02-21-2013, 02:43 AM
Blast from the past.

The toner they bought will fit into the machine, but the drive gear is keyed differently. Look very carefully and you'll see.

I'm not sure if it's a Kyocera vs. Copystar thing or just a bad ripoff artist, but it's screwed thousands of people.

How Cool !! I bet that is it, Thanks so much.. I would have never caught that...

JR2ALTA
02-21-2013, 03:11 AM
Good luck, if I recall the drive gear has two nubs, one brand toner has nubs on outer edge of gear, the other has nubs milometers inward from the edge.

PassMeTheTools
02-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Wasn't one toner cartridge driven with a square lug and the other type triangular. That certainly is a blast from the past!;)

exit148
02-21-2013, 02:14 PM
This is back when Kyocera was making 2 different toners, 1 for Copystar machs & 1 for Kyocera Mita's. The gears were different but i can't remember how so. They fit in the mach but they are not interchangeable that's for sure.

PassMeTheTools
02-21-2013, 03:00 PM
It was possible to order the drive gear to change in the machine itself. The toner gear was not able to be swapped.

Custom Search