PDA

View Full Version : KM Bizhub C8000 dog earing on duplex

Custom Search

AB1984
02-21-2013, 08:49 AM
the folded corner is coming out on the lead edge, so its happening on its second pass through the fuser. The corners are well folded down, so the fold is happening somewhere before its second run through the fuser. We've had an enigineer give the whole thing a thorough cleaning which seemed to work for a while. but now it back, and virtually every sheet has the corner folded down.

Any advice, or tips on where exactly to look would be appreciated

kalindd
02-21-2013, 12:14 PM
What's the paper weight?
If it is only on light, I had the same problem.

Check the condition of this guide plate.If it looks ok bent it upwards so it looks a little bit like catenary (English is not my native so I hope this is the right word).

Good luck.

Koniska
02-22-2013, 06:31 AM
Check the gate after fuser. The gate with solenoid do not open fast enough and paper corner folds down.
Clean and adjust solenoid.

AB1984
02-22-2013, 10:59 AM
I would have thought that if it was the gate after the fuser it would dog ear once on each pass?
either way, I've just removed, dismantled and cleaned the duplexing flap thing underneath, and seems to have solved the problem for now

thanks for the help though, if it comes back I'll have a proper look at the fuser gate

Texers
03-06-2013, 02:34 PM
I would have thought that if it was the gate after the fuser it would dog ear once on each pass?

me thinks .. 1st pass is under the gate and towards the duplex and second pass is on top of the gate and out of the m/c.. so i think u'll get just 1 corner flipped.
i had this before.. but in my case the actual gate was faulty.

Custom Search