PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub c250 "Incorrect Image unit" and "Incorrect Toner" messages

Custom Search

JSMorrison
02-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Here's the story, we had a PWB-M fry on a shop c250, the bad board got tossed somehow so I don't have the original 8-pin removable IC chip. Tried installing 2 PWB-M boards (both used/repaired from ARC services), they included the IC chip on both boards, but I know you're not supposed to use a chip that's been linked to another machine. Anyway, with either of these 2 PWB-M's it boots with the same messages "Incorrect Imaging Unit installed" and "Incorrect toner installed." I'm thinking it has to do with the IC chips being linked on different machines (same model) or something of that fashion. Here's the strange part: I installed a PWB-M from a c252 we had here in the shop just to test....and it boots and runs with the c252 PWB-M and the IC chip on that PWB-M from the c252. Doesn't make alot of sense to me, what do you guys think? I'm thinking I have to order a brand new PWB-M from Konica Minolta (I'm not sure if those even come with that removable IC chip on them, does anyone know for sure?) or somehow come up with one of those IC chips that has never been linked to another machine....maybe I'm way off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Oh, and I've updated firmware, went through all the steps, factory data cleared, replaced the imaging units and toners, :confused:all the usual stuff and still no go. Thanks in advance!

EarthKmTech
02-21-2013, 07:57 PM
have you tried the chip from the functional test board in one of those 2 non functional boards to islolate weather its the boards or the chips ?

The new PWB-m DOES NOT come with the removable IC.

If i were so inclined I would see about duplicating the functional eeprom if it works in the other 2 boards as perhaps the ones they have are for a different OEM / marketing region.

MAD0RAM
02-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Try to re-flash firmware sounds like it thinks it is installed in a C-252

JSMorrison
02-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Thanks guys, I have already flashed FW and it updates just fine but no change in the messages. Konica is shipping me a new IC chip for the M-board as they think that is either from the wrong series or faulty, I'll update as to how that works (or not) once I receive and get it installed. I tried to pull that chip from my shop c252 as suggested above but suffered a serious case of DTS and snapped one of the IC's legs off during removal.....doh! So now I get 2 IC's from KMBS :)

paulrid
02-22-2013, 01:38 PM
I've seen a similar thing on a c252 not after changing any parts but the machine just seemed to go a little mad and say the wrong IU were installed and the wrong toner. I changed the IU chips one at a time and tried some toners in and out and changed the toners one at a time but I was still getting the toner error. So I put a new set of toners in and if fired up, I did try putting the complete set of toners in a test machine and it errored the same way so I think one or more of the toners had corrupt data, I still have the set of toner but haven't taken it any further yet.

JSMorrison
02-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Interesting, I thought about putting new toners and IU's in just to see if it made any difference (tried used ones from the c252 to no avail), I will try that if the new KMBS chip doesn't change the situation. Thanks everyone for being so helpful!

JSMorrison
03-01-2013, 01:22 PM
The replacement IC chip for PWB-M from KM took care of the issue...I noticed one dumb thing I overlooked initially as well: Arc services installed that IC chip upside-down in BOTH PWB's they sent us. Oh well, it's now good to go, thanks everyone for your help!

Custom Search