PDA

View Full Version : Quality issue on a C454

Custom Search

Avskrap
02-22-2013, 12:49 PM
We installed a C454 in our office two weeks ago and our sales personell have been using it quite dilligently.
This morning we noticed the quality had deteriorated a whole lot, with a calibration doing next to nothing to solve it.

Attached you'll find the 3 Color pattern and a BK 255 pattern. The pattern visible in the BK 255 pattern is also visible on cyan, but the scans doesn't really show it. The 3 Color pattern doesn't contain any black, but there are no other visible errors in yellow or magenta, yet there's the cyan spattering.
The test prints are on 90gsm 4CC A3, but the quality deterioration can be seen on papers ranging from 80gsm MultiCopy A4 to 300gsm Mondi ColorCopy, and everything in between. Internal prints, PS, PCL, PDFs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, it's all bad. Bad resolution, choppy colors and rough cuts between shades and lighter areas. No difference between Mac OSX (10.6-10.8), Windows or Linux.

We're thinking belt, we've had some that has gone bust after just a few days in the field. Any other tips or has anyone seen this before?
Why is it, that everytime KM releases a new model, there's quality issues? Been the same with the last four series we've had installed in our demo.

blackcat4866
02-23-2013, 02:05 AM
OEM toner? =^..^=

EarthKmTech
02-23-2013, 02:29 AM
I have heard a few reports of poor quality patchy printing on the new machines. The cause is yet to be determined.

one other thing i've had withe the new 224/554 series is the black toner sub hopper toner level actuators binding up and the machine never adding toner. You can tell this though by checking the tcr level of each colour and ensuring it stays within spec after long print jobs or print jobs with lots of coverage. The subhopper should never be empty.

Avskrap
02-26-2013, 07:35 AM
GatoNegro: We shun pirate toners and parts like the devil here, only proper consumables used in all our machines.

MachineGunKitty: The TCR values seem normal, I'll have a look at the hopper anyway to rule it out. The annoying bit is that it's just black and cyan, with magenta and yellow coming out perfect.
Oh well, we'll see what we can find. A colleague of mine has the privelege of being responsible for this machine at current.

I'll report back with what we find!

AjitN
02-27-2013, 03:17 AM
Does it look like poor fixing or fuser speed not matching?
Since pattern for 3 color & black is same, inboard/outboard OR even lead edge to trail edge bands are identical imaging process section is not in doubt.
Its only transfer or fusing section. Another interesting thing, in 3 color Cyan is visible, does it mean that Yellow & Magenta is missing?
Also pls check if any thin paper is jammed in ITB area.
Hope this may help

Custom Search