PDA

View Full Version : How to Disable End of life message using Firmware update in C224

Custom Search

jay.ashara
02-23-2013, 07:20 AM
Earlier I had KM Bizhub C220 and in that machine With the new version of FW G00-C2 and above it is possible to disable the end of life message for consumables.

Now I have KM BizHub C224 and I want to do the same thing with this machine..

Can anybody give me the firmware for that..

It worked great in C220 by disabling the end of life message.. Best part is You dont have to open up the copier to remove the chip and then resseting it and then put it back... the procedure is much simplier, just update the firmware, go to settings change the values and BINGO!!!! Machine is unlocked...

JustManuals
02-23-2013, 06:40 PM
I have this firmware but it isn't free. If interested, email me at Paul@justmanuals.com

JR2ALTA
02-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Earlier I had KM Bizhub C220 and in that machine With the new version of FW G00-C2 and above it is possible to disable the end of life message for consumables.

Now I have KM BizHub C224 and I want to do the same thing with this machine..

Can anybody give me the firmware for that..

It worked great in C220 by disabling the end of life message.. Best part is You dont have to open up the copier to remove the chip and then resseting it and then put it back... the procedure is much simplier, just update the firmware, go to settings change the values and BINGO!!!! Machine is unlocked...

Did you try doing the same thing w/o the firmware? I believe the new machines have this option built in now, just need to flip the switches.

TheOwl
02-24-2013, 09:39 PM
The 4 Series machines don't require firmware to disable the end of life messages. You just need to disable the message in tech rep mode.

The only thing we have with the 4 Series is that even though you have disabled the end of life messages, you still get the oil can with codes stating which parts are at their end of life.

On that note, if anyone knows how to disable the oil can messages, I would be grateful if you gave up a bit of info.

Avskrap
02-26-2013, 07:44 AM
On that note, if anyone knows how to disable the oil can messages, I would be grateful if you gave up a bit of info.

Me too.
Most customers completely ignore the oil can, they barely pay attention to the toner messages. But there are some that call us as soon as there's a paperjam or the machine runs out of paper. Would be nice to reduce the amount of unnecessary calls.

Custom Search