PDA

View Full Version : konica 2125 copier problem

Custom Search

turbochargedrs
01-28-2008, 02:40 AM
Hello, we have a konica 2125 laser copier. Recently it displayed a message saying to contact the service center. We've just bought the store and now having this problem. When the message is display, nothing works. I had to turn it off and on again but after awhile the same problem. I tried to call the number on the sticker attached to the copier but is out of service. Please please help.. as using our hp ink jet copier is costing alot. thank you

dogsbody
01-28-2008, 09:26 AM
you feel like sharing that code?

turbochargedrs
01-28-2008, 10:56 PM
huh???? i'm having a problem... can you help? please

JustManuals
01-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Your best bet would be to look in the phone book and find an independent copier company, call them up, make an appointment and pour the margaritas! :)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Scott_Lewis
01-29-2008, 06:28 AM
Guess it is time to be UN_subtle.

In part, you said "When the message is display, nothing works."

Dogsbody asked you "you feel like sharing that code?"

In other words, tell us what the displayed message was. There are only a hundred or so codes in available in these copiers.

I've not worked on the older Konicas. But, I think what you need to look for is something like SC-xx-xx where the xx's are numbers.

Better yet, take manuals4you's advice.

dogsbody
01-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Guess it is time to be UN_subtle.

In part, you said "When the message is display, nothing works."

Dogsbody asked you "you feel like sharing that code?"

In other words, tell us what the displayed message was. There are only a hundred or so codes in available in these copiers.

I've not worked on the older Konicas. But, I think what you need to look for is something like SC-xx-xx where the xx's are numbers.

Better yet, take manuals4you's advice.

Thankyou Scott.

I was more than a little frustrated by life when I answered that.

The older Konica's (like the 2125) use FXX, for example F86 for a full waste toner bottle, easy fixed just be carefull when you empty the bottle and reset the code. Or F43 for the exposure lamp.
The waste bottle is about all you can fix yourself anything else will require a tech.

I miss the old days, life was much simpler with machines like this one, my first "patch" was 70 x 3035's (then 3135's) in a university library.

turbochargedrs
01-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Sorry, didn't know what you meant by sharing the code, anyways here it is F54. Please help guys thanks alot.

CMB
01-31-2008, 10:00 PM
quote: Hello, we have a konica 2125 laser copier

wrong. a 2125 is an analog copier.

dogsbody
01-31-2008, 11:07 PM
it is either blown fuse on mainboard or main fan failed.

turbochargedrs
02-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I have no idea what's an analog or laser copier is. I was just assuming it's a laser. Anyways, Dogsbody, do you think this is something I can do myself? Please help. I called the Konica service center a week ago and I'm still on queue.

dogsbody
02-05-2008, 06:23 AM
I have no idea what's an analog or laser copier is. I was just assuming it's a laser. Anyways, Dogsbody, do you think this is something I can do myself? Please help. I called the Konica service center a week ago and I'm still on queue.

The fan is easy to change if you can get hold of one the board is easy if you know what to do. best bet call a tech, ring around, look in the phone book.
To be honest the machine really is too old, anyone calling our office will be told they are throwing good money after bad if they have it serviced. In it's day was a reasonable machine but not anymore.

turbochargedrs
02-19-2008, 01:33 AM
hi it's me again. I've been told that my copier has 3 fans. Anybody knows which one led to the error code F54. I`ve managed to pulled out the 92mm fan right behind it on the top right corner. Don`t know if the fan is blown or not. When I tried to spin it by hand it make a sqeaking noise. Thanks again guys.

dogsbody
02-19-2008, 07:34 AM
that one sounds right, don't quote me though because I only have paper manuals for the ancient machines and they are at work. will check tomorrow.

turbochargedrs
02-21-2008, 08:13 PM
yeah.. I'm placing an order for that fan $170 for a fan??? I guess I have no choice.:mad:

dogsbody
02-22-2008, 06:30 AM
yeah.. I'm placing an order for that fan $170 for a fan??? I guess I have no choice.:mad:

I looked for our manuals and it appears someone either walked off with it or threw it away, but it's a good bet. The two fans you will be able to get to are in the back top right corner behind the ozone filter or take off the left side panel and there is a cylindrical fan in there, if that one wobbels at all it wont work (it may also appear fine but still not work). They should both start when you turn power on maybe check with the panel off (carefully!) to see if one turns and the other doesn't.
The third fan is right in the guts of the machine to assist conveyance to the fuser, that one you probably wont be able to get to without pulling it to bits.

DCPS
03-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi! I am new in the forum and this is my first post. Here a solution to this code.

F54 at power up.

SOLUTION: PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Main fan motor (M11) failure. Replace M11 (p/n 25AA80540).
2. Open F2 on the main CB.
If 28V DC is not present at the main CB test point 2 (TP2), but is present at CN61-1 or CN61-2 from the
DC power supply, check each side of F2 to ground with power applied (located just to left of CN28).
If 28V DC cannot be measured on both sides of the fuse, replace the main CB. Check all 28V DC loads
for a bind or short to ground. Repair or replace the defective load as necessary.

Custom Search