PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Removing transfer belt unit from CF2002

Custom Search

guseppe16
02-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Hello. I'm trying to replace the glass fuse for the transfer belt unit in my CF2002. I have searched all over the web, including here, and have not found any info. I am not a copier tech, but I've had this unit for a few years and have swapped chips and most of the other basic service chores. Any help is greatly appreciated!

mrwho
02-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Hello. I'm trying to replace the glass fuse for the transfer belt unit in my CF2002. I have searched all over the web, including here, and have not found any info. I am not a copier tech, but I've had this unit for a few years and have swapped chips and most of the other basic service chores. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Step one is to get the service manual. Paul will no doubt be glad to provide you with those.

But, as a primer, the belt is removed, if memory serves me right, from the left side door - open the right door, remove the IUs to be on the safe side and then, carefully, pull out the unit.

guseppe16
02-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, probably should have a service manual. I'm going to dig into it some more tonight.

fixthecopier
02-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Step one is to get the service manual. Paul will no doubt be glad to provide you with those.

But, as a primer, the belt is removed, if memory serves me right, from the left side door - open the right door, remove the IUs to be on the safe side and then, carefully, pull out the unit.

Don't have to pull IU's, but have 2 screws on right side to release locks, then remove by pulling out from the left, and you should buy a manual.

guseppe16
02-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Got it. Thanks!

mrwho
02-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Don't have to pull IU's, but have 2 screws on right side to release locks, then remove by pulling out from the left, and you should buy a manual.

On the first models I usually removed the IUs, just because I wanted to be sure I wouldn't damage them. It was just with the C350 that I started leaving them in, and nowadays I'm not sure whether it was safe to leave them in or not.

About the screws, I thought they were introduced with the C350. As I said, it's all from memory.

EarthKmTech
02-27-2013, 10:30 PM
transfer belts and fusers were user replaceable on those machines so it's not rocket science.

usually what fails on those belts is the cleaning blade, its surprising yours is still cleaning at all these days unless it was one of the last ones manufactured.

fixthecopier
02-27-2013, 11:17 PM
About the screws, I thought they were introduced with the C350. As I said, it's all from memory.

yep me too, memory kind of fuzzy, I had a lot of fun in the 80's...

and 90's...

and, well you get the picture.

mrdummy
02-27-2013, 11:51 PM
I own also CF2002.
It's easy, you must open both doors (left and right) and then slowly slide belt out at left side. You will see a handle on halfway sliding out, grab it and put it on clean, flat place.

For resetting belt counter, i know the site with the instructions how to find it and solder new one.
Very important you have right fuse, otherwise it will not work and you might damage copier small short-circuit circuit, and it will also give error on the screen.

guseppe16
03-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Thanks for all the help! I was able to get the transfer unit out. Basically, just had to open the left and right covers, remove the waste toner unit, and then slide the transfer unit out the left side. No screws or anything else to remove.

Custom Search