PDA

View Full Version : HHHEEEELLLPPP!!!!! Bizhub C451 and Fiery problem

Custom Search

Capodastra
02-28-2013, 10:36 AM
My Fiery Command Workstation software is causing me some issues which, for some reason, I cannot get to the bottom of . . . .

When I print something from the "Hold" queue it remains there and does not go to the "Printed" queue, also when I try to delete some of the files in the "Archive" queue they do not delete, they come back. Also the new files I send from InDesign CS5.5 (Mac) to print do not appear in the Hold queue either unless I restart the software, often when I do this I get an error: "Unable to connect to (X3eTY-EDFE). The server name or IP address may be invalid" my only way to resolve this is to reinstall the software, but I still get the issue re-occurring . . . . I can confirm the IP address IS correct . . . .

My Fiery Server is 8e and the Command Workstation software is version 5.3.1.32d

Can anyone help me with this one?

Please:(. . . . .

Mr Spock
03-01-2013, 01:20 AM
which version of firmware is on the fiery? what patches? It may be time for a new hard drive in the fiery.

RRodgers
03-01-2013, 05:04 AM
Try a crossover cable straight to the fiery, failing that... you probably have a failing hard drive and it will be time to replace it. I'd save anything you want off it NOW!

Gort
03-01-2013, 06:08 AM
The first thing to do is clean the Fiery, vents, fans and heat sinks. Next, remove the white lower cover on the lower right side where the Fiery cables connect and throw it away! Those "internal" Fiery units over heat easily. It may not look as pretty, but it will make the Fiery run cooler.
The HDD may be failing, you may try to re-install the Fiery System code before replacing the HDD. I prefer to install from a DVD or ISO from my laptop. I do not like the USB method as it takes too much time to download the code, make the DVD or USB, install file, install the code, load, reboot, ....
Daemon Tools Lite will allow you to run the ISO as a virtual DVD drive without burning DVDs or CDs or creating a bootable USB drive with the new code. I have been using ISO files for years, I rarely burn DVDs or CDs anymore. It saves a lot of time and money not having to buy and burn DVDs or CDs and/or USB boot drives.

Custom Search