PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous PF 601 liftstoppers on C6500

Custom Search

carol53
02-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Has anyone ever replaced the grey lift stoppers on the paper trays in a PF 601? I thought this would be a quick job but after looking it seems like it might be HUGE. Not even sure where to start?????

JustManuals
02-28-2013, 11:19 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Gort
03-01-2013, 05:48 AM
There are 2 types of guides for the PF-601, the "Old" guides are no longer available. If you have the old style guides will need to replace the metal frame the guides attach to. See Tech Bulletin # 6546 (Thick Paper Curl - Parts Change) for part numbers.
If you have the new style grey guides, they are angled where the old style guides are rectangular. They can be replaced in 5 or 10 minutes. I replaced the rear guide on a C6500, door release latch and feed rollers in about 10 minutes this week.
The Old style guides take longer as you need to replace the metal upper guide and everything that attaches to it, feed roller assb., sensors, hardware, ...

carol53
03-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Geez I am always cursing people who are not clear in what they are saying and here I am being guilty of the same......altho if I could upload a picture that would help. The lift stoppers are the grey double flaps at the top of each of the paper side guides....those big tall suckers that go right to the bottom of the the tray. The lift stoppers are activated by a fan contained in each of the side guides to help with separation. In my PF 601 they are both broken in the bottom tray. At this point they are not causing any problems. I have asked a few other techs I work with if they have ever had to replace them and they hadn't. As I said in my earlier post, I thought it would be a quick job but once you start looking at those side guides it doesn't look like any easy fix. If anyone has ever changed them I would appreciate any help but until then I guess I will just well enough alone.

Thanks to Gort for his reply even tho it didn't help with THIS problem, it solved another mystery that had been plaguing me for a while. :)

Custom Search