PDA

View Full Version : CQ spots of all colors

Custom Search

Jerrygbs
03-02-2013, 08:56 PM
please forgive my ignorance but I have a magicolor 4690mf that was a trade in we want to use it in the shop as a color printer we are canon techs and dont sell KM equipment. The machine runs perfectly but CQ has color spots everywhere on the copy even in black mode. Any help will be apperciated I dont want to spend a fortune but I dont want to toss it either.
Thanks for any help.

Jerrygbs
03-02-2013, 09:04 PM
here is a copy of the problem colorcopy.PDF (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19738&d=1362258156)

JustManuals
03-03-2013, 12:46 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

RRodgers
03-03-2013, 07:02 AM
please forgive my ignorance but I have a magicolor 4690mf that was a trade in we want to use it in the shop as a color printer we are canon techs and dont sell KM equipment. The machine runs perfectly but CQ has color spots everywhere on the copy even in black mode. Any help will be apperciated I dont want to spend a fortune but I dont want to toss it either.
Thanks for any help.

I take it you only work on the Cannon B&W machines then?

fixthecopier
03-03-2013, 12:34 PM
I take it you only work on the Cannon B&W machines then?

What Mr. Rogers is eluding too is, what would be the problem on a Cannon color, because I don't know if you have noticed, but they kinda work the same way.

"Your question is bad, and you should feel bad"

RRodgers
03-03-2013, 06:18 PM
What Mr. Rogers is eluding too is, what would be the problem on a Cannon color, because I don't know if you have noticed, but they kinda work the same way.

"Your question is bad, and you should feel bad"

Pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one. I mean, my initial reaction was to call BS that you are a copier tech.... but I thought about it and said... hmmmm... maybe they don't have any experience with color and that is why you are asking the question.

mo0651
03-04-2013, 02:14 PM
It is the imaging units.

Jerrygbs
03-05-2013, 02:31 PM
It is the imaging units.

I've been a copier tech for 25 years I didnt know that I would have to tell experienced techs that all 4 drum units and the transfer drum with the cleaning unit. If it were simple I wouldnt have posted a question

Albonline
03-05-2013, 05:30 PM
answers have been a bit snarky here lately, sorry about that. best guess here would be image units or contaminated supplys. looks like unit is overtoneining and droping blobs.

RRodgers
03-05-2013, 08:15 PM
I've been a copier tech for 25 years I didnt know that I would have to tell experienced techs that all 4 drum units and the transfer drum with the cleaning unit. If it were simple I wouldnt have posted a question

Well were you trying to test us?

fixthecopier
03-05-2013, 10:46 PM

First of all, we get tons of questions from end users and parts changers. Your post did not list anything you checked or did. Post like that make us feel like you want us to ndo your job. We will help those who help themselves. The reason a bunch of seasoned techs jumped on your question like that, is that most of us would know that toner spots , 99% of the time, have to come from the parts of the machine that come in contact with toner. Your post would have sounded more like it came from a tech with 25 years, if you had told us how you checked the transfer belt and IU's and couldn't find a problem. I might work on 1 or 2 Cannons a year, but if I get one with cyan spots, I know where to look first.

Example... Hey mechanic, my car won't start , what is wrong with it???

Jerrygbs
03-05-2013, 10:46 PM
I wasn't testing anyone I just guessed common sense was still alive in the copier business. 2 of the toners are new and all drum units are new. I get spots in every color. Only black in black mode. Os there 1 bias for all mag rollers? The spots are not visible on the drums during a stopped copy cycle. Do these machines use developer or are they mono component? I didn't have to release any strips on the new drums is why I'm asking.

fixthecopier
03-06-2013, 01:26 AM
Jerry, I did not mean to be abrasive, but if you start reading this site you will see what we were talking about. Telling us that all the IU's are new is info needed for troubleshooting. That printer is a little on the cheap side as far as Konica goes. The 5670 is a better machine. Anyway, with new IUs I would look at the transfer belt. Unless the IUs are aftermarket i could not see them all being bad. How old is it, how many prints?

have you stopped it in the middle of a print ?

Imsdal
03-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Change all imaging unit and the problem will go away.

EarthKmTech
03-06-2013, 08:54 AM
common issue in humid environments.

you need to change the effected imaging units as there's moisture in them, if they fail again think about changing the toner cartridges too ;)

If its a permanently humid environment, get a different machine.

fixthecopier
03-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Change all imaging unit and the problem will go away.

Did you not read where he said all image units are new? Odds of new ones all being bad are slim.

mo0651
03-07-2013, 09:01 PM
If you have Brand new oem IU's, try reseating them. It is the IU's that is the problem. I have seen this lots of times.

fixthecopier
03-08-2013, 01:27 AM
That printer is not worth much. If I had bought new IU's and had to reseat or rig them in some way, it is time to cut your loss and trash that piece of crap.

Custom Search