PDA

View Full Version : DF-617 Doc Feeder

Custom Search

doug94550
03-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Hi Guys,
When it comes to this unit I am definitely a newbie.
Here is what I've got.
When I make a duplex copy through the doc feeder, the first pass runs fine and then when it switches back it jams under the metal plate with the long piece of mylar just past the four feed roll shaft.
I know that I have something stuck in there based on the damage to the lead edge.
Looking at it, in order to remove that plate, it seems I have to strip down most of the doc feeder.
I find it hard to believe that you would need do this to access a primary paper path but then again, over the years, I have seen some really weird engineering.
I was just wondering if you all can give me any tips and tricks to access this area.
Thanks in advance.
Doug

EarthKmTech
03-04-2013, 10:25 PM
are you talking about the long mylar you see when you lift up the tray section ?

This is a pretty common issue if its getting stuck on it on the pull back. If there is a gap between its non glued side edge and the metal frame paper can get stuck under it, this will also happen if that mylar is bent or otherwise dammaged. I carry them in the car as I've replaced a number of them. Think of that mylar as a check valve, paper is supposed to flow out of it in one direction only and pass over the top of it in the other direction. Secondly, early version document feeders have stupidly designed mylars at each of those grey feed rollers that fold up and obstruct the paper path. Removal of these and cleaning the residual glue fixes that problem - from my experience all these do is prevent a milisecond pause as the paper hits these rollers on feeding which translates to a 0.5 millimeter blur in extremely fine print - otherwise you wont notice any difference. Also check the operation of the duplex gate, it can snap at the solenoid.

If your talking about the mylar thats hidden in the base of the document feeder thats only visible when you open the lower right jam access door that most people dont even know about under the white sponge, then thats a BIG job to change, but not impossible.

fixthecopier
03-04-2013, 10:43 PM
On those doc feeders, pulling the paper out backward will fold the mylars and then they catch the paper. A piece of plastic the size of a sheet of paper and about as thick as 3 sheets, you can push it through the paper path and unfold mylars and remove crap with staples from the path.

blackcat4866
03-05-2013, 12:24 AM
On those doc feeders, pulling the paper out backward will fold the mylars and then they catch the paper. A piece of plastic the size of a sheet of paper and about as thick as 3 sheets, you can push it through the paper path and unfold mylars and remove crap with staples from the path.

Sometimes a thin metal ruler will work to push those mylars back into position. On one I did have to do the whole disassembly. Not much fun.
=^..^=

fixthecopier
03-05-2013, 01:44 AM
On one I did have to do the whole disassembly. Not much fun.
=^..^=

They are put together very well.

Custom Search