PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera: How does the machine know what type/brand of toner it has in it ?.

Custom Search

mac777
03-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Does anyone know if you put non branded toner into say a taskalfa 250 colour copier,does it log it on the (maintenance report).
I cant see it but there is a page with rows of zero's numbers and letters.but i dont know what it refers to as yet.and will it void any warranty
on the machine including PM parts etc,as when you do a warranty claim on a part you have to send a complete maintenance report with the
claim.

Kidaver
03-05-2013, 10:00 PM
I know the Event Log will have info on Unknown Toners being installed....I'm sure it will void the warranty...

DWise
03-05-2013, 10:11 PM
The "Unknown Toner" error will display on the Event Log even when there is no toner cartridge in the printer. We have had a part kicked back from Kyocera due to this.

Tonerkiller
03-06-2013, 12:32 AM
Non-OEM toner never works anyway. Coffee grounds are cheaper and work just as well.

blackcat4866
03-06-2013, 01:35 AM
Kyocera uses RFID tags on the cartridges. We have gotten a few new cartridges with bad tags. =^..^=

Eric1968
03-06-2013, 06:41 AM
I have heard that Kyocera uses the information on the RFID-chips to see copy and print behaviour of the machines. When they collect empty toners, they can see all kind of information, not just how many pages were printed with that toner. Some Kyocera dude here in Holland mentioned this last year.

KyoceraChris
03-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Word , the old kmc's give that same message even with oem toners... Confusing

Venom
03-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Unknown toner is logged after 100 copies are made with generic toner and yes, RA's get refused for that.

marko13
05-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Dependent upon your compatible toner suppliers source of chip will depend upon the OEM being able to read if a non OEM toner has been used.
The comment "Non-OEM toner never works anyway. Coffee grounds are cheaper and work just as well." is the type of non educated, brain washed reply that feeds the pockets of over charging OEM's.
High quality compatible TK865 toners are just coming out onto the market.
If you buy from a reputable supplier that offers a written guarantee , then you won't go wrong.

Custom Search