PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 200 Where is the Documnet Transfer Belt?

Custom Search

acidblue
03-08-2013, 04:26 AM
I'm getting some streaking on my documents.
One of the suggestions is to clean the Document Transfer Belt.
But I have no idea where that is, I've looked thru the manual and I cannot find it listed,
only in the suggetsed trouble shooting giude.

Does any one what and where is this located??

JustManuals
03-08-2013, 05:27 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

EarthKmTech
03-08-2013, 05:40 AM
But I have no idea where that is, I've looked thru the manual and I cannot find it listed,

you cant find one, because it doesnt have one.

is it on prints from the PC or copies or both?

acidblue
03-08-2013, 05:56 AM
I've only tried cpoying, printing isn't set up ATM, prolly wont be for awhile 'till we get our network in order.

Hansoon
03-08-2013, 06:14 AM
There is no document transfer belt in this machine. Clean the slit glass left of the large original glass (platen).

Hans

fixthecopier
03-08-2013, 11:47 AM
If you are looking for parts that don't exist, you need a tech AND a manual.

Just step away from the copier, and no one gets hurt.

acidblue
03-08-2013, 05:48 PM
If you are looking for parts that don't exist, you need a tech AND a manual.

Just step away from the copier, and no one gets hurt.

I have the manual and the manual says and I quote " Clean the document transfer belt with a soft cloth dampened with mild detergent".
This is on page 5-30 under "Possible cause" for "drark spects or spots throughout the printed out,or there are streaks in the printed output".

suso73os
03-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Could you scan a copy with the problem and upload to this forum please, it would be really helpful.

acidblue
03-08-2013, 07:41 PM
There is no document transfer belt in this machine. Clean the slit glass left of the large original glass (platen).

Hans

I re-did this a minute ago and most of the streaking is gone.
Once in a while I'll geta light smudge line at the top of a page.

But keeping the slit glass clean seems to be where most of the streaking was coming from.

Been using the corner of my shirt to clean the glass, but im sure a microfiber dry cloth would be better :p .
Any cleaner recomendations? or should it be always dry?

fixthecopier
03-09-2013, 12:06 AM
I have the manual and the manual says and I quote " Clean the document transfer belt with a soft cloth dampened with mild detergent".
This is on page 5-30 under "Possible cause" for "drark spects or spots throughout the printed out,or there are streaks in the printed output".

You are wrong sir. If this is a b/w bizhub 200, there is NO transfer belt and the manual does not say there is one.

acidblue
03-09-2013, 12:33 AM
You are wrong sir. If this is a b/w bizhub 200, there is NO transfer belt and the manual does not say there is one.

I'm not about to get into an argumanet with a stranger on the internet.
I can only state what the manual says, if you took me seriously and took the time
to look on the page I stated in one of my previous posts you would see that it is listed
as a possible solution to strreaking and such.

It is the bizhubb 200/250/350 usres guide[copy opertaions].

Now getting back to the matter at hand:
Should I be using only a dry cloth for cleaning the main and glass slit?
Or is there a cleaner I can use?

krm
03-09-2013, 02:19 AM
I'm not about to get into an argumanet with a stranger on the internet.
I can only state what the manual says, if you took me seriously and took the time
to look on the page I stated in one of my previous posts you would see that it is listed
as a possible solution to strreaking and such.

It is the bizhubb 200/250/350 usres guide[copy opertaions].

Now getting back to the matter at hand:
Should I be using only a dry cloth for cleaning the main and glass slit?
Or is there a cleaner I can use?
Clean with rubbing alcohol on soft cloth. Then use brillinize anti static cleaner for smooth paper feed.

wseyller
03-09-2013, 02:51 AM
Clean with rubbing alcohol on soft cloth. Then use brillinize anti static cleaner for smooth paper feed.

Doesn't sound like the kind of person that has brillinize laying around like most of us techs, lol. But alcohol does work well in my experience to get that crud off the slit glass. To the OP. Print some internal pages from the machine. It the defect shows up you can eliminate the optics. And no there is no transfer belt and if your manual says it has one then you need to find who wrote that manual (as it wasn't from Konica Minolta) and punch them in the face.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

wseyller
03-09-2013, 03:44 AM
Out of curiosity downloaded the Copy Operations manual from the KM site and it does say:

There are dark specks or
spots throughout the
printed output.

There are streaks in the
printed output.
Is the original glass dirty? Wipe the glass with a soft,
dry cloth. (See page 10-3.)

Is the document transfer
belt dirty?
Clean the document transfer
belt with a soft cloth dampened with a mild detergent.

That is incorrect. They must have copy/pasted some troubleshooting tips from some general information they had previously on file when they made that manual.

What you have is not the service manual which is what the techs use to troubleshoot. User manuals are usually considered pure hokum when it comes to troubleshooting problems.

fixthecopier
03-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Out of curiosity downloaded the Copy Operations manual from the KM site and it does say:

There are dark specks or
spots throughout the
printed output.

There are streaks in the
printed output.
Is the original glass dirty? Wipe the glass with a soft,
dry cloth. (See page 10-3.)

Is the document transfer
belt dirty?
Clean the document transfer
belt with a soft cloth dampened with a mild detergent.

That is incorrect. They must have copy/pasted some troubleshooting tips from some general information they had previously on file when they made that manual.

What you have is not the service manual which is what the techs use to troubleshoot. User manuals are usually considered pure hokum when it comes to troubleshooting problems.

Then I am vindicated I, like pretty much everyone else here, makes the assumption that when the word manual is used on a tech forum, it is the tech manual they are talking about. I would not show up at a car dealer and argue with the mechanic about something I read in the user manual in the glove box.

fixthecopier
03-09-2013, 02:51 PM

Any tech that tries to give advice with this limited information is shooting from the hip. One very important piece of info would be "How many prints are on the meter". I see that no one bothered to ask you that, and it is important because that machine will need to have the drum replaced for poor print quality, usually based on a high meter count, or if the meter is low, the dv collars could have failed and the drum could arc off and cause streaks.

Custom Search