PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so difficult to setup an account with IKON?

Custom Search

Jeremy-Ricoh
01-30-2008, 01:19 AM
In Late November I ordered a Ricoh Aficio MP 3500 (monochrome) from our normal supplier. We didn't get a toner cartridge with it, and they said they are currently on back order.

So I contacted IKON on January 21st to order one (1). They told me it would take about 24 hours to open the new account, because it was the first time I'd contacted them. They took all my information (name, address, CC info, and phone number), and said it takes 3-4 days to ship after the account it setup.

I called them back on the 23rd to see what the status was, they said they'd get back to me.

On the 25th I received a call saying the account was being setup, and they would email me as soon with the account number. ... No email.

Today, 29th, I called them around noon, and asked the status, the person I talked too was new, and had to ask the shift lead (or something like that), but that person was busy. So she took my information, and said she'd get back to me.
At 5pm today I called again, and this person knew who to contact about the information, but she said she'd email the right people, but would also have to get back to me.

Now. Why isn't this easier? I'm ready to buy the toner I need on eBay from some random seller, it'll probably get here quicker.

blackcat4866
01-30-2008, 02:20 AM
Since the billing office moved to Atlanta nothing has ever been the same. The customer accounts have been fubar ever since.

Jeremy-Ricoh
01-30-2008, 10:10 PM
The toner's I ordered from my normal supplier have arrived.
The only problem is I ordered 4 toners, and they sent 4 boxes of 4 toners.

Oh well. If IKON ever gets back to me I'll just cancel the order.

11x17
01-31-2008, 10:20 PM
That'll teach ya to buy from IKON. Typical for them. There motto is "we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied!"

Mdkoh
02-23-2008, 01:10 AM
In Aug of 2003 Ikon layed me off. My motto, at the time, was "I will be the last person you talk to" and I always followed up to make sure their needs were met. It sounds like IKON has gone the way of Danka, and Now Global....aka Xerox. The Giants are floundering because the levels of bureacracy they created has made it impossible for people to take a personal interest. That kills incentive, motivation, and personal responsibility. They will keep some accounts but since they have moved to centralization the herd will be thinned. If you want to be successful you need a few things, personal involvement, desire to succeed, motivation, finacial incentive. Look at the biggies stock performance, except for a few spikes the performance has been nothing short of dull.

Custom Search