PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Magicolor 1650EN: Making Strange Noise After Paper Jam

Custom Search

wingzrow
03-10-2013, 11:43 AM
So being the idiot that I am, when the printer took in too many pages at once and got a Paper jam, I decided to just pull the pages out.

Afterwards the printer starting make a constant load clicking noise when calibrating and printing. Strangely enough it still prints perfectly fine, it just make this horrible noise. Anyone know how i can fix this? I've removed all 4 toners, and both the (fuzor?) and the other component with the large blue handle to see if there was something stuck inside but i can't tell what's wrong.

wingzrow
03-10-2013, 01:19 PM
I thinnk it has to do with this silver bar with the two small black wheels. I manually turned every wheel in the printer and only that bar makes a similiar noise.

Did I break this bar somehow when pulling out my paper?

http://i48.tinypic.com/24m4x3o.jpg

wingzrow
03-10-2013, 01:41 PM
One last question regarding laser printers.

Just how dangerous IS my laser printer as far as health risks are concerned? what am I at risk if I don't wear a mask when replacing toner for example?

blackcat4866
03-10-2013, 02:40 PM
One last question regarding laser printers.

Just how dangerous IS my laser printer as far as health risks are concerned? what am I at risk if I don't wear a mask when replacing toner for example?

Many of us here have been wallowing in toner for 20 years or more. It probably would not be a good idea to snort the black stuff through a straw up your nose, but just ordinary handling of toner cartridges offers very little risk.

I've know techs that claim to be able to determine OEM versus generic toner content just by smell, and they do not seem any the worse for wear after all these years.

In my humble opinion there are plenty of other health risks in your life more worthy of your attention, like driving a car, or cigarettes, or McDonalds hamburgers.
=^..^=

wingzrow
03-11-2013, 09:49 PM
No responses? I guess I'm just throwing it away then.

Custom Search