PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine konica minolta biz-hub c6500 2451-2454 errors

Custom Search

spacecadet
03-12-2013, 12:44 PM
hi all
i have a c6500 and i keep getting error c2451 up to c 2454 error codes as well as c2411 and 2401 i have replaced the
developer
tcr sensors
check the developer drive motor
and checked the print board
is there anyone who can help me to get past these error codes so i may get printing again..

the zimbo tech

Texers
03-12-2013, 03:08 PM
try go straight to service mode - process adjustment - sensor output - toner density sensor output - highlight the colour indicated by the error code and run that routine. also check wiring from tcr to the connector and beyond for damage.
hope it helps.

MAD0RAM
03-13-2013, 12:31 AM
hi all
i have a c6500 and i keep getting error c2451 up to c 2454 error codes as well as c2411 and 2401 i have replaced the
developer
tcr sensors
is there anyone who can help me to get past these error codes so i may get printing again..

the zimbo tech

How did you check the print board??

After changing developer did you complete the required adjustments?

We need more information.

JustManuals
03-13-2013, 07:41 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

spacecadet
03-13-2013, 12:24 PM
i tested the fuses on the print board to see if any had shorted
i also ran all the adjustments but as soon as i do the toner initialization the machine goes into the 2451-2454 codes before it completes it process

spacecadet
03-19-2013, 07:13 AM
How did you check the print board??

After changing developer did you complete the required adjustments?

We need more information.

i tested the fuses on the print board to see if any had shorted
i also ran all the adjustments but as soon as i do the toner initialization the machine goes into the 2451-2454 codes before it completes it process

selmila
03-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Check if the color registration unit is good,u can also have this problem if registration unit PGC sensor is faulty.Hope this helps u.

dljorg
03-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Have seen this symptom when for some reason the drums are solid coated with toner. If this happens right after a PM the dev units go very undertoned very fast. Easiest way to recover is to dump the dev units again and immediately do the toner density sensor init. Then check print quality with test pattern 62 - run 8 prints for a gradation pattern of all colors, 1 color per sheet. This should show what color channels are the problem.

Drums get a solid coating if there is a drum short or they are not being charged. Multitude of reasons for this especially after a PM.

If developer expense is a problem you can put toner by the spoonful (3 or 4 should do it) into the developer units and then mix with the developer charge mode in Process Adjust. After mixing check the output of the toner density sensors in sensor output check. A reading of greater than 200 on toner density sensor check will give the code. Normal reading is about 130 with new developer.

printer bob
12-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Have seen this symptom when for some reason the drums are solid coated with toner. If this happens right after a PM the dev units go very undertoned very fast. Easiest way to recover is to dump the dev units again and immediately do the toner density sensor init. Then check print quality with test pattern 62 - run 8 prints for a gradation pattern of all colors, 1 color per sheet. This should show what color channels are the problem.

Drums get a solid coating if there is a drum short or they are not being charged. Multitude of reasons for this especially after a PM.

If developer expense is a problem you can put toner by the spoonful (3 or 4 should do it) into the developer units and then mix with the developer charge mode in Process Adjust. After mixing check the output of the toner density sensors in sensor output check. A reading of greater than 200 on toner density sensor check will give the code. Normal reading is about 130 with new developer.

My drums get the solid coating on Y & M but not after a PM. I swap developer units to test the process adjust of toner density and the count jumps from 130 to 200 in 1 minute then crashes with a 2451 code

To sum up, it is coding on the magenta and yellow and causing the toner counter to go to 220 in rapid time when it was stable in the cyan position.

BTW I did not just do a PM

printer bob
12-12-2013, 06:49 PM
What is a drum short?

dljorg
01-27-2014, 07:14 PM
To work right a drum must be electrically isolated from the machine so the coronas can charge it up. Then when the laser hits the drum surface only that area is discharged (charge moves to the drum core) and toner jumps to that area.

If the entire drum is shorted to the machine frame (Usually happens thru a defective dev unit but sometimes the central drum axle can do it too) then the drum has no charge and the whole drum surface draws toner from the dev unit.

printer bob
01-27-2014, 08:05 PM
To work right a drum must be electrically isolated from the machine so the coronas can charge it up. Then when the laser hits the drum surface only that area is discharged (charge moves to the drum core) and toner jumps to that area.

If the entire drum is shorted to the machine frame (Usually happens thru a defective dev unit but sometimes the central drum axle can do it too) then the drum has no charge and the whole drum surface draws toner from the dev unit.

Thanks for your reply, however, I have swapped drums and developer units between colors with the same results. How would the axle do it?

Printer bob

WetPaper
01-28-2014, 02:12 AM
You might want to check and clean the process unit connections on the unit itself and the one it mates with on the back inside of the machine. I've had toner get in there before and cause random codes. Use a brush or canned air. Also check that the unit is fully seated.

igorp86
01-28-2014, 01:27 PM
I would suggest to change developing units, also before that check connectors that goes to each dev unit ( if they are dirty or else ), did you put developers for that model of machine? What is condition of machine ( copies, parts )? I had those problems if parts where not changed on time. Sorry on my English

printer bob
01-28-2014, 01:35 PM
You might want to check and clean the process unit connections on the unit itself and the one it mates with on the back inside of the machine. I've had toner get in there before and cause random codes. Use a brush or canned air. Also check that the unit is fully seated.

Did that. Doesnt mean that I still havent missed a connector though.
thanks

Mick01
01-29-2014, 04:02 AM
HI,
I dont believe any one had suggested the charge corona units yet. Make sure they are seated correctly.
i did have one machine that had a faulty laser write unit. It was continually writing so was discharging the drum.
Try swapping the colour laser units around (black laser is different). See if the fault moves with the laser unit.

ihatetoner
02-12-2014, 06:13 AM
hi all
developer
tcr sensors

the zimbo tech

I've had this problem before. I tracked it down to a faulty toner level sensor in the toner hopper. The hopper was bone dry but the machine thought it was full and kept trying to dump toner into the developer then would throw the c-2454 code.

yomba
08-03-2014, 05:12 AM
i am having a similar problem. the machine codes out with a 2454 at boot up. i swithed the the developers (as per tech pub) the code followed the developer. before i could read the ymc toner densities in the service mode. now i cannot read the density of none. I have not changed the black developer yet. i am more inclined to a failed tcr sensor. any advice?

Custom Search