PDA

View Full Version : Trouble setting up scan to email, smb or ftp

Custom Search

wseyller
03-13-2013, 12:40 AM
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions. This client is renting our copier and using it in a office temporarily leased in a hotel. Bizhub 350

I was not able to make any solution work on this machine.* I tried Email, SMB and FTP.

Environment:* A room with all laptops mostly macs.* Everything connected by a home/small office type wireless router.

Customer wanted to scan pages to their gmail email account.* For the outgoing server I used a smtp.gmx.com account.* I have used gmx before on a bizhub 200 and it worked as it doesn't require ssl.* It came with error code EA0006.

Error EA0006 on knowledge base:* Cause is corrupt MFP data.* Solution: perform a Total Clear and reset all network Settings.
I performed the total clear and I auto obtained the network settings and set the ip back to original ip.* I also upgrade the firmware to latest version.* None of this help and I still get the error code.

I finally ditched the idea of email scanning for now and tried to setup SMB scanning.* Only one windows laptop windows 7 was available at the time and also the one they wanted it setup on.* I get error code ED09C6
Error ED09C6 on knowledge base:* Cause is 1. LAN cable is not connected or the destination address is incorrect. Check that the LAN cable is correctly connected. Also check that the settings for the destination address and port number are correctly specified. OR 2. The SMB ports are closed for security reasons, usually due to a firewall or anti-virus utility. Ports 137, 138, 138 and 445 need to be verified that they are open. If these ports are closed, a connection cannot be made to the workstation from the machine, thus creating the error. Checking the ports should only be done by the customer network administrator. DO NOT change these ports yourself.

Tried by ip address and hostname. I setup a new user account as administrator to use for authentication.* Make sure the folder has full permission to the user account "Everyone". Network discovery on.* File sharing on. Public folder sharing on. Password protected sharing off.* Windows firewall off.* Same error code ED09C6

I had setup FTP utility from the T drive as a last resort.* I wasn't sure on the folder location syntax in pagescope but another tech I talked to knew it and we set that up I got error code ED09C8.* The settings were as they should be and it should work but doesn't.

Error ED09C8 on knowledge base:* CAUSE: The specified folder is incorrect.* SOLUTION: Check the folder name setting. See page 3-20 User Manual Scanner Mode.* Note: The Shared file should be at the root of C:\, and the browser name should have (\) example; \sharefolder.

After all this it was the end of day.* The only thing I could think of if I had more time would be to connect my laptop to their network and try smb scanning to it.* Or I have a wireless router I keep in my car so I could try the copier and my laptop on my router and see if it works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mr Spock
03-13-2013, 05:33 AM
some stupid questions.
what os is on the macs?
are you 100% sure they are using the wireless router and not the hotels internet?
Is the wireless router connected to the internet?
I think you use the / for ftp and not the \ which is used for smb.

wseyller
03-13-2013, 12:55 PM
some stupid questions.
what os is on the macs?
are you 100% sure they are using the wireless router and not the hotels internet?
Is the wireless router connected to the internet?
I think you use the / for ftp and not the \ which is used for smb.

I never touched the macs.

They do have there own router in the middle of the room and they have their own isp for internet.

I actually tried both slashes when setting up ftp.

wseyller
03-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Well I was just told to close out the call so I don't need to worry about it anymore.

EarthKmTech
03-13-2013, 02:35 PM
every time ive setup a machine at a hotel room its for a convention and its usually only there for 2 days or so. Seems like you went to alot of effort for nothing in the end.

wseyller
03-13-2013, 03:20 PM
every time ive setup a machine at a hotel room its for a convention and its usually only there for 2 days or so. Seems like you went to alot of effort for nothing in the end.

No they are there much longer. They are a movie company and are shooting a film.

wseyller
03-14-2013, 03:04 AM
Well they decided to send me back out to this. I took a muratec copier for with me for scanning purposes as a backup in case I couldn't get the bizhub to cooperate. Late yesterday their ISP called me back. I called them before to get their SMTP settings but the guy told me the person that knows is on vacation, lol. A person did call me back with settings that did not require SSL and didn't need authentication and should work if the device is on their network. I used their settings and it worked fine.

BennyAU
03-14-2013, 05:40 AM
I had setup FTP utility from the T drive as a last resort.* I wasn't sure on the folder location syntax in pagescope but another tech I talked to knew it and we set that up I got error code ED09C8.* The settings were as they should be and it should work but doesn't.

Error ED09C8 on knowledge base:* CAUSE: The specified folder is incorrect.* SOLUTION: Check the folder name setting. See page 3-20 User Manual Scanner Mode.* Note: The Shared file should be at the root of C:\, and the browser name should have (\) example; \sharefolder.

After all this it was the end of day.* The only thing I could think of if I had more time would be to connect my laptop to their network and try smb scanning to it.* Or I have a wireless router I keep in my car so I could try the copier and my laptop on my router and see if it works.

I saw that you had resolved the problem another way, but this may help in future anyway

with ftp scanning and using 3rd party software as I do when ftp scanning

set the destination (target folder) info in the MFP scan address to use a fullstop, instead of the full file path eg. c:/scans
and use the ftp software instead to set the file path

that error meant that the machine was looking for an extra folder eg. c:\scans\scans instead of just c:\scans

hopefully that made sense!

Custom Search