PDA

View Full Version : C450 Yellow Imaging Unit

Custom Search

fernan
01-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Good day guy's

Is there anyone of you encounter problem in C450 Yellow Imaging unit it does not reach it's copy life and giving light copies and yellow line on the rear end of the copy.

Colormethis
01-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Bottom line is - all the imaging units in the c450 are garbage, however the product is good.

mitchl
01-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Good day guy's

Is there anyone of you encounter problem in C450 Yellow Imaging unit it does not reach it's copy life and giving light copies and yellow line on the rear end of the copy.

I have seen it on all color units not just the yellow. You have 1 of 2 choices you can replace the unit OR get all adventurous and pull the IU apart. If you decide to be adventurous clean the unit up once disassembled and pay particular attention to the corona and the grid. You will probably notice that the grid has a build up of what looks like corrosion on the rear side, scrub this crap off thoroughly on both sides of the grid and make sure you clean the wire well. Put the sucker back together, run the TCR toner supply for the yellow if it was light, then run standard gradation and see what the CQ is like when finished. We have saved a bunch of IU's recently by doing this so give it a try and watch out on disassembly for a couple of really small gears on the front of the unit, they will fall off and are very hard to find!......... Good luck!

fernan
01-30-2008, 07:13 PM
I have seen it on all color units not just the yellow. You have 1 of 2 choices you can replace the unit OR get all adventurous and pull the IU apart. If you decide to be adventurous clean the unit up once disassembled and pay particular attention to the corona and the grid. You will probably notice that the grid has a build up of what looks like corrosion on the rear side, scrub this crap off thoroughly on both sides of the grid and make sure you clean the wire well. Put the sucker back together, run the TCR toner supply for the yellow if it was light, then run standard gradation and see what the CQ is like when finished. We have saved a bunch of IU's recently by doing this so give it a try and watch out on disassembly for a couple of really small gears on the front of the unit, they will fall off and are very hard to find!......... Good luck!

thanks for your reply

i'm just encountering this on only for yellow even on old models of color machine i'm encountering this kind do i have to change every time the imaging unit if the problem shows even it was on the half of life indicator?

mitchl
01-30-2008, 08:32 PM
thanks for your reply

i'm just encountering this on only for yellow even on old models of color machine i'm encountering this kind do i have to change every time the imaging unit if the problem shows even it was on the half of life indicator?
If you want the CQ any better you have to do something........right? I gotta say its sort of strange that its happening on multiple machines of different models.:confused:

random
01-31-2008, 07:05 PM
If your line is on the front of the machine then the seals on the toner hoppers are worn. When the machine is running toner is sucked past the seal and contaminates the charge unit. This causes a 'no charge' situation in this area and you get a bead carry over situation where the developer will be slowly emptied into the waste bottle thus produceing light or blank copies.

mitchl
01-31-2008, 07:10 PM
If your line is on the front of the machine then the seals on the toner hoppers are worn. When the machine is running toner is sucked past the seal and contaminates the charge unit. This causes a 'no charge' situation in this area and you get a bead carry over situation where the developer will be slowly emptied into the waste bottle thus produceing light or blank copies.

Great info thanks, do the seals go bad due to age or use or both?

random
02-01-2008, 05:42 AM
They flatten out over time. If you pull the iu out and look up from the bottom you will see a trail of toner leading into the charge unit.

seniortech
02-08-2008, 09:24 PM
I have this problem at the moment ( on both yellow and Magenta units) I have fitted the modified shutter and seals meant to cure this problem and it has made no difference whatsoever.

Custom Search