PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 423 send from user box

Custom Search

emujo
03-13-2013, 11:01 PM
I have a customer frequently uses the user boxes to store jobs that will be faxed later on during the day...they use both the ADF, and print driver to store the jobs..these are all PDF formats at 200 x 200 DPI..here's the issue, jobs sent by the "Save in user box" output method and then faxed, or emailed are huge!!! A simple windows test page if sent to the user box and then re-sent via email is over 2.1 meg...that same page scanned in using the ADF and sent the same way arrives at around 40K...It's not such a problem emailing, it the faxing function...a 5 page document printed to the user box can get up to around 20 meg. When this doc is faxed it can take 45 min to an hour...This is unacceptable to the customer, and as we upgraded their bizhub 501 that was working just fine for the last 3 years, I can understand their point of view...We tried the PC fax drivers and although this works, the customer has to send 1 fax for each page ( again, these are not all 1 file)..and if the documents are around 10-12 pages, then it's the same issue...too much time to fax..I have suggested they get a 3rd party app that can combine their files and then they can send them as 1 PC Fax job, but it would be much better if we can get them back to the level of comfort they had with the old 501...I have looked at the default scan settings , and they are a 200 x200 dpi, compact PDF...when I select a job in the box to send by fax, the resolution settings are at 600x600 dpi, I can manually change the current dpi settings to the lowest setting, but this must be done for each page, and if I try to use these settings as the scan defaults, the option is greyed out in the user settings...

I know the problem is the print driver is sending the job at 600 dpi, but there is no way to change this within the driver properties..I am open to any suggestions (other that ones that will add any additional expense, or excessive steps, to the customer). TIA Emujo

blackcat4866
03-14-2013, 12:23 AM
How about setting up a second iteration of the print driver with low res settings, and maybe name it: "Low Res for Faxes"?
=^..^=

Mr Spock
03-14-2013, 12:29 AM
Fiery vue. I believe it is on one of the fiery disc's. You can combine files and select and delete specific pages.

emujo
03-14-2013, 02:17 PM
How about setting up a second iteration of the print driver with low res settings, and maybe name it: "Low Res for Faxes"?
=^..^=
If you can point out where I can adjust the resolution settings in the driver that would be great..but so far I cant find anything other than the simple quality (Photo, CAD ect) adjustments and these make little dif. Emujo

emujo
03-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Fiery vue. I believe it is on one of the fiery disc's. You can combine files and select and delete specific pages.

Dammit spock, I'm a copier tech, not a bricklayer...will Fiery view work w/o a Fiery???

emujo
03-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Just a follow up...to be sure the customer wasn't just blowing smoke up my ass, I sent the same file to a 501 box...the same file that was 2.11meg on the 423 is 86K on the 501...still looking for a resolution. Emujo

Mr Spock
03-15-2013, 12:35 AM
Dammit spock, I'm a copier tech, not a bricklayer...will Fiery view work w/o a Fiery???

Well Bones I just looked on EFI's website and it looks like it does require a Fiery enabled device to print. However you can create it and then send it to someone for printing purposes.

blackcat4866
03-15-2013, 12:56 AM
If it were Kyocera I'd say Printer Preferences > Quality > Image Quality > Custom > 300x300 > OK > OK > OK.

Unfortunately I'm not as familiar with the Konica Minolta driver. I'll look tomorrow. =^..^=

Custom Search