PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Konica 7145-Frequent jamming on UPPER FIXING ROLLER

Custom Search

legaspiclg
03-13-2013, 11:39 PM
hI,
I have a Konica 7145, that keeps jamming on the Upper Fixing Roller, i tried to replace my other 2 used Fixing unit but still the same problem occurs. Is there any adjustments on the machine?
Please help.
Regards.

JustManuals
03-14-2013, 12:37 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

nmfaxman
03-14-2013, 12:51 AM
Copy something output face up.
If it doesn't jam, the problem is the sponge roller in the turnaround section.
If it still jams, check claws and web unit. I have also seen a bad press roller or lack of pressure cause this.

tech51
03-14-2013, 08:19 PM
hI,
I have a Konica 7145, that keeps jamming on the Upper Fixing Roller, i tried to replace my other 2 used Fixing unit but still the same problem occurs. Is there any adjustments on the machine?
Please help.
Regards.
May be a dumb question, but if you've put different fusers in and it still jams, are the rollers rotating? I remember the drive gear could fail on these machines causing exactly this problem......

SmellsHot
03-14-2013, 09:26 PM
whats the jam code your getting? Sounds like exit sensor is broken/missing.....

pepper38_cnd
03-15-2013, 01:58 AM
The little tiny star rollers on the drum carriage get gummed up with toner and stop turning catching the lead edge of the page before entering the fuser. Just pull off the star rollers and test.

RRodgers
03-15-2013, 05:45 AM
Was this the model with the bushing that would go bad for the fuse drive gear, and was a PAIN to fix because you had to take out the main board just to get at it?

Pull the fuser out and see if the shaft that holds the fuser drive gear moves up and down at all.

EarthKmTech
03-15-2013, 09:45 AM
back in the bad old days when these peices of crap were still supported in my country, I recall having the solenoid driven gate above the fusing unit having issues. If the paper is crashing into it, check it, the problem may not be the fuser at all.

I've also had to replace that sponge roller that's been talked about, from memory that was used when duplexing as a decurling roller. It was a collossal pain in the butt to change and eventually the sponge degraded to the point it became a sticky twisted roll of tar.

Custom Search