PDA

View Full Version : C6501 Power Surge and dead machine

Custom Search

seniortech
03-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Hi

I am trying to repair a C6501 after an electrical fault caused 415V to go across the customer earth.

The machine config is a C6501, a FS521 Finisher, Relay unit RU504 Saddle Stitcher SD506 and Paper Feed Unit PFU 602. and Document Feeder DF509

The machine was dead on arrival and would not switch on. On investigation I found that a 400V capacitor on DC Power Source/1 had blown itself to bits, I replaced DCPS 1 and 2 and the machine switched on and came up with error code C-0403 (no 24V to PFU) I have metered out connector on PFU and 24V is on the connector. disconnecting the 24V feed to the PFU will let you switch the machine on without an error, you also get a message 'close finisher door' despite the finisher door being closed, for the moment the PFU and FS521 have been removed so that the customer can use the machine.The document feeder will not work either, the machine can see it, and will detect an open cover etc but no motors will work and it will not feed paper. Print quality is fine and the machine will feed from the internal trays, duplex etc without problems.

So far I have replaced
DCPS/1 and 2 so machine would switch on
AC Power board
paper Feed unit driver board
OACB (System board)
Printer control board

Reflashed firmware

All without any success:

I appreciate that 415V into the machine may have caused serious damage that cannot be repaired, has anyone any further ideas on how to proceed or give me some ideas of failed components that may be causing these errors.

Many thanks

minimerlin
03-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Sounds like an insurance claim for a new machine!

tech51
03-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Hi

give me some ideas of failed components that may be causing these errors.

Many thanks

I would print out the circuit diagrams, pin them to a wall and throw darts at them. Whichever board the dart lands on, replace it!!!
On a serious note its going to be a complete guess as to which boards have blown but with that sort of voltage its going to be most of them. Thats assuming the nvram, memory hard drives etc have not been damaged.
Even if you get it fully running I would be willing to bet it gives no end of problems from now on.
Cut your losses and write it off would be my advice.....

Unless of course you are being paid well over the odds for your efforts, in which case carry on!!!!

KenB
03-15-2013, 12:30 AM
Sounds like an insurance claim for a new machine!

My sentiments exactly!!

Even if you do actually get it working, there would be no guarantees as to how long it would last.

Custom Search