PDA

View Full Version : customers - end users on site

Custom Search

xcopytech
01-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi,

What are you think about customers - end users who enter this site and want to get help to fix their copier for free?

I am just queries will they give us some help from their business for free.

Will some accountant give you advice how to work with yours accounts or will some lawyer give you juristic advice for free.

I am not sure about that.

Also, they have to understand that we have families which live from our salaries.

They enter on site and start with questions about some copiers, or says our tech was here couple days ago and he fix machine, we pay him, and after only couple of days machine not working again.

Yes gentlemen’s you should call your tech on after claim and ask him to fix your machine for free if you are right.

Best regards

unisys12
01-31-2008, 03:13 AM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/rants-raves-everything-else/7038-responding-non-techs.html

Just in case you didn't see it. But, on this subject - I have to say I agree with you, but after you get to know your customers pretty well and develop a good professional relationship with them, you will find that they are just has happy to help you as you are them. I can't tell you the number of times I have been in a lawyers office or city/county officials office, doctors office and asked, "Hey, can I ask you a quick question?" I have not had a single one turn me down. Granted none will go into great detail, of course, but they are kind enough to share enough of the basics to at least give you a starting point for researching your situation. If I leave a connectivity call that stumps me, I will actually scan my next few calls to see if I am going to a call that has a friendly IT department. I will be-bop in and ask them about it. And most of the time, they will help shed some light on the situation.

On the other hand though, I would never do the above with a new customer or someone that I personally have not developed that all important relationship with. To me, it is very unprofessional.

As for replying to people on here... I don't treat people any different here than I do when I am at the shop and a non-customer calls and wants to ask a question. I will help them the best I can. But, the best thing about this site is that I don't have to tell someone I can't help them... I just don't respond. :cool:

Mr Spock
01-31-2008, 04:21 AM
I agree with unisys12. If I do not know or question the technical status of a poster I will not reply. I do try to help all techs even when they are a competitor. The ones I help usually will help me out of a bind later. I have a few IT contacts (besides the 10 in house mcse's) that will help me out with questions and I have forums like this with very good people to help me out also. I will also use p.m.'s and emails to help techs out. If you do not have an email or have p.m.'s turned off then I might have an answer but can not get it to you. It depends on what type of info you are requesting as to where I provide the answer.

DadO
02-12-2008, 07:16 AM
Non tech people on this forum and lot's of other's got answer for simple thing's.
But as i saw tech could see is other person a tech or not and for any other (harder) problem they got no reply.I know few of guys where they learned to change drum or corona on canon 6317 machines(or similar)

and that's all, even thought they watched tech doing a lot of other thing's but that's where they stop since as we know u need a years and years just to know little more then basic...and when they change machine for newer...

it's like a paper jam in their head's :)

""Don't fear of the costumer, be his master"" :)

Custom Search