PDA

View Full Version : konica 8020 boot problem

Custom Search

feryan
01-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a new konica 8020 and after I changed the cyan unit I encountered a problem.

When I'm starting it the fiery x3e start booting after that I have a menu with diagnostics/ continue booting/ etc.
If I run diagnostics everithing is ok at the end I get Passed but if I continue booting It displays a message "booting system please wait..." and I'm still waiting :P is booting fo days :) so th fiery never starts.
The scaner works but with problems I have cyan thic lines all over the page.

any suggestions,

thank you

RockETop
01-31-2008, 04:53 AM
Looks like you might need a new HDD.

feryan
01-31-2008, 10:03 AM
Looks like you might need a new HDD.

It new and the red and gree led are litened Plus the fact that the tests are ok hdd wr or rtwr or whatever test it performs.

RockETop
02-04-2008, 03:25 AM
It new and the red and gree led are litened Plus the fact that the tests are ok hdd wr or rtwr or whatever test it performs.

Have you tried to reload the system code?

feryan
02-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Have you tried to reload the system code?

I imagine has something to do with a cable connected to a computer that loads the SO into the firy, :) the problem is the only connection available is LAN and some sort of serial that I have the port but I don't have the cable.

The bad news is that the person who sold me the printer is no longer in business, :) and I can't use him for service. So I need someone else to help me with the problem. Looks like is nothing I can do about.

serginho_vl
01-09-2009, 11:15 PM
I had the same problem with a Fiery X2e in a CF910. You need to re-install the software on the Fiery. In Romania(Bucharest) ask for help from www.lynx.ro (http://www.lynx.ro). Send them the Fiery and they'll re-install the software.

pepper38_cnd
01-10-2009, 12:22 AM
The other connection that you don't recognize is a parallel connection but not with the standard jack, the cable you need is often referred to as an HP printer cable. You can download the firmware and all the instructions from my website at the bottom of this post.

Custom Search