PDA

View Full Version : SC 400 on MP-C2500/4500

Custom Search

SuperLeo
01-31-2008, 03:27 PM
Have anyone of you gentlemen (ladies) run into the above SC code??
I have faulty readings from the Magenta ID sensor on two machines. The SC code is triggered immedialtely at power on.
All relevant hardware including the EEPROM on the BiCu board and NVRAM on the controller has been replaced. Firmware has been updated and the NVRAM data from another machine has been tested.
Any advice would be greately appreciated!

Cipher
01-31-2008, 06:54 PM
I take it you have tried replacing the I.D sensors PCB as well?

SuperLeo
02-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi DaZ

Thankīs for your reply. :)
Yes, the ID sensor board has been replaced (2 times!) I forgot to mention this.. Also tried without the Paper Transfer Roller without success..

Cipher
02-01-2008, 01:51 PM
You have pretty much replaced everything else.

Hmmm interesting one. :)

This calibration compensates for the transfer belt’s condition and the ID sensor condition. For example, dirt
on the surface of the belt or ID sensor.
VSG adjustment is always done during initial process control. But, at other times, it is only done if the VSG
adjustment counter (SP3-510-007) is more than the value set with SP3-511-007 (default: 500) during a
job or at job end.
SC400 is displayed if VSG is out of adjustment range sequentially 3 times.

So it's basically failing on step 1 of process control which is just the I.D sensors measuring the LED feedback from the bare surface of the ITB belt.

Have you tried another ITB unit?
Have you tested the I.D shutter solenoid from the output test?

SuperLeo
02-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Yep, all boards have been replaced. Today i operated the machine with the duplex unit open. I could see the shutter work normally. Next week i need to replace the machine for a new one.. :mad:

tonyd
02-01-2008, 02:14 PM
its the bcu board. we had a machine with the same fault and the manafacturer had a bulletin on their tech support website. We tried it and it worked!!

SuperLeo
02-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi TonyD

Hmm.. :cool: ok, iīll try a second BCU board. The one that has been tested with was a used one.
Thankīs for your reply!

SuperLeo
02-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Noooo... luck! New BiCu board didnīt help... :(
Iīm stranded....

paulg
02-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Have you done the old trick of switch of sc's and made a copy if possible?

we have on various itbs of ricoh colours had one of the colours fail normally its to do with the charge roller or its supply for that particular colour.

I had a brand new out of the box itb fail on the yellow and vary patchy on one of the other colours. When the old unit was put back in the problem went away. This has also happened on 3245, cl700's and 3800cs.

just a thought

SuperLeo
02-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Hi

After RAM clear i was able to print, and the density is good in all colors!
All PCU´s, ITB, PTR has been replaced. :(
I´m thinking about making a last try with exchanging the laser unit....

Cipher
02-06-2008, 01:28 PM
I couldn't see another BICU board making a difference after it had already been replace once by a known good one.
And to be honest I cannot see another laser unit doing much to fix the issue either as the service code is I.D sensor related.

You established in your last reply all colours print ok which means the laser unit is functional.

I would still be looking at the I.D sensors.
Specifically the wire harness that connects the sensors to I/O and BICU board.

What about the I/O board have tried one of those?
Failing that I would rip out the wire harness and fit a new one.

I'm not saying I'm correct as I have not had to fix this service code before, but that is what I would be looking at.

Anyway please let us know the outcome as your experience of this fault may help others / me in the future. :)

SuperLeo
02-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Without replacing more hardware i managed to get the machine working by changing the threshold values for Vsg. Though, the value that should be 4 volts, is in my case about 4.6 v for the M Vsg. I have made >1000 prints and sveral manual Process control executions without problems.
Maybe this is Firmware related?? Iīm still waiting for a response from the manufacturer.

xximhxx
10-29-2014, 11:04 AM
where can i find the id sensor ?

slimslob
10-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Good morning grave robber. I take it that you did not notice that this thread has been dead and buried for over 6 1/2 years. Start a new thread and we will help you.

Custom Search