PDA

View Full Version : FS-527 (on bizhub C452) with J72-26 when folding single sheet

Custom Search

Avskrap
03-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Greetings,

I've got myself a weird problem.
The customer folds one sheet of A4 to a A5 sized pamphlet. They do this alot. Once in a while the machine jams with a paper hanging in the paddles entering the SD-509 and throws a J72-26.
The jam code points to the sensor just below the center fold rollers. I've cleaned the sensor and everything touching the paper from the LCT to the folder exit (rollers, sensors, guides).

That's how the only paper present in the SD-509 sits when it jams, but that's on the other side of the unit from the PS44 the jam code points to.

Does anyone have a clue what to do? It's really intermittent, but the only use for the machine at the customers site are these pamphlets so it's all it ever does (except the occasional scan...), hence why it's quite annoying for the customer (and me...).

MAD0RAM
03-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Check to make sure the static illuminators are not gummed up with junk stopping the paper from falling down completely.

EarthKmTech
03-19-2013, 01:47 PM
have this same problem and ended up giving up on it after many many hours. Got the machine and finisher out of there.

paper is not restricted in any way, yet will not drop down when it comes from the printer, it sticks half way down by what appears to be static build up.

brushes etc tested ok - the one on the movable black door above the SD entrance was not grounded properly but i fixed that and it made no difference anyway.

dallas
03-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Suspect the FSCB.

Avskrap
03-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks guys,

I haven't heard back from the customer since my last visit. Didn't really feel like I solved the problem although I ran a plentiful run of pamphlets without fault before I left.
A colleague of mine had this problem at another customer about a year ago, he ended up swapping the whole FS and we haven't heard back since. I guess that'll be my last resort, we've got some brand new ones in boxes at the office.

EarthKmTech
03-20-2013, 12:40 PM
we've had them (SD unit) do this out of the box, new and repeatable indefinitely. Another one unpacked at the same time wont have any issues. Same paper, same finisher, same everything.

Avskrap
03-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Yeah, this machine and the other one my colleague worked on were both from the same batch of 33 machines we got delivered and unpacked. I would love to know what causes this...

EarthKmTech
03-27-2013, 05:40 AM
:cool:Just fixed this problem

Check the operation of the leading edge stopper guide paper gripping solenoid, mine was open circuit. Also check correct assembly of the gripper - it can be incorrect from the factory as i have verified on the one that was written off.

Solenoid actuation should grip the paper.

testing the leading edge stopper in service mode will show weather the solenoid is working, it should activate on the downward stroke - you can operate the finisher with the SD unit pulled out and the front door switch tricked.

hope this helps.

Avskrap
03-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Glorious!
I have to get out to the customer and check (looooong drive), but it makes sense!

Thanks alot, assaultriflekittycat!

EarthKmTech
03-27-2013, 03:19 PM
It certainly was a forehead slapping moment, I have been stuffing around with this SD unit for so long now. The fault was so stupid i couldn't believe it.

The grippers by the way, can get worn down, ensure the paper is gripped by them by manual actuation of the solenoid.

The grippers basically are all that pulls the paper down with the leading edge stopper. If they dont work, the leading edge stopper will go down, the paper will stay where it is because of the input paddles resting on it and you will get a 72-26 jam.

DEAD simple!

Custom Search