PDA

View Full Version : "Add" Favorite Setting issue

Custom Search

wseyller
03-19-2013, 12:54 AM
Model: Bizhub 654

Issue: The "Add" button is always greyed out. Even all the settings are changed there is no way to save the settings.

Drivers were installed on a Server 2012 machine and was setup with group policy to force the drivers to the client machines.

I did the connect on this new machine originally. There IT guy configured the group policy and all that because I am not knowledgeable enough to risk touching there server.

The only thing I did was set the account track login on the driver settings of each client.

I talked to sales person and key operator on the phone and they told me of there issue.

So before I ride back out there I would like to get some advice. I searched KB and manuals but so far I didn't see any mention of this.

Does the add favorite settings have to be done on the server, then it shows up on each client machine? Didn't know if it works that way. I do I have to load the drivers locally on each machine?

richardjj
03-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Hi,
Not really familar with this model / driver, but my 2cents worth, is to check the printer properties > security tab on the driver at the server level, and try turn on all the permissions. Might be a security access problem where you are not allowed to alter the drivers printing preferences etc.:rolleyes:

blackcat4866
03-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Model: Bizhub 654

Issue: The "Add" button is always greyed out. Even all the settings are changed there is no way to save the settings. ...

Does the add favorite settings have to be done on the server, then it shows up on each client machine? Didn't know if it works that way. I do I have to load the drivers locally on each machine?

The clients most likely do not have rights to make permanent changes to their driver.

You have lots of options here, all in the hands of local IT:
1) Increase client rights to save changes to their driver, or
2) Create standard default settings on the server, then map the the clients, or
3) Log on as Admin to each PC, load a local driver, make changes, then save.

It all comes down to rights. Who gets them, and for how long? It's up to IT to decide. =^..^=

wseyller
03-21-2013, 11:28 PM
I set the driver permissions on server for the users the manage the printer. Working now. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Custom Search