PDA

View Full Version : Browse network with BH C224

Custom Search

miesjel
03-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Hello,

One of our guys at the sales department told a customer that it is possible to browse your networkshares via the bizhub c224 panel. The customer has a share with an awfull lot of folders in it, he wants to select the desired folder and scan directly to it.

Its not really an option to add every folder to the addressbook.

Is there anyone out there who can help me, or push me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

RRodgers
03-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Yeah, when scanning hit the Direct button, then hit SMB, then hit Reference. That "should" let you browse the network and see what is out there. Course you are going to have to do some setting up first on the back end like make sure the domain name is set and all that. And to top it off... it only seems to work for me half the time anyways. Be sure the time and date on the machine are correct as well.
HTH
GL
and let us know how it goes.

EarthKmTech
03-19-2013, 11:39 PM
yes, you can browse the available visible computers and network shares, and even the ones that require a user name and password - typing them in every time in is a pain in the ass though. And as above, the machine has to be setup properly otherwise "reference" will sit there for about a minute and come up with nothing.

miesjel
03-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Yeah, when scanning hit the Direct button, then hit SMB, then hit Reference. That "should" let you browse the network and see what is out there. Course you are going to have to do some setting up first on the back end like make sure the domain name is set and all that. And to top it off... it only seems to work for me half the time anyways. Be sure the time and date on the machine are correct as well.
HTH
GL

Thanks for your response! As you said, it doesnt work. I'll check the settings and get back to you!

@EarthKmTech, it sure will be a pain in the ass. Im trying to set up our own machine like this so everyone can see how it works. Then they know what they sell and hopefully wont do it again.

But reading your responses, it isnt possible to add the PC to your addressbook is it?

emujo
03-20-2013, 05:49 PM
This works really well for setting up the SMB scans in a location where the IT rep is not really all that familiar with UNC naming conventions or you have many drives..S, T, U etc..Basically you are working backwards from the MFP to find the destination you want to drop the scans into..using this method you can be sure the folders are shared properly and the credentials you are given work..It's not very useful for "on the fly" scanning as you have to navigate each time and enter user name/ password each time...You do have to make at least 1 change..under ADMIN /TCPIP SETTINGS / SMB SETTINGS, turn ON SMB scanning. The other change that may be required is the PRINT SETTINGS in the same area...by default name here is WORKGROUP, which works just fine if the network is indeed a small workgroup (verify under control panel, system settings, computor name), but if this is a domain then you would need to remove workgroup and enter the domain here...Ex..Abccompany.com, then you would only enter "Abccompany"..You also need to verify you have the correct DNS and domain settings correctly entered under the basic TCP/IP settings. Emujo

EarthKmTech
03-20-2013, 09:39 PM
when your creating address book entries, you can indeed browse the network from the copier to find where you want the destination to be and save it in the address book. You use the reference key which from memory is not on page 1.

As stated before, the machine still has to be setup properly or again, it will not come up with anything ;)

RRodgers
03-21-2013, 03:16 AM
Yeah, be sure the DNS has been set up as well. I find it A LOT easier to program the address book via the machine's web interface. (just open firefox or chrome konica's seem to HATE IE ((and so do I)) then put the copiers IP in and just click on the address book and set it up from there. It's A LOT easier, and not only that, if your browser has auto fill enabled you won't have to retype everything.
HTH
GL

miesjel
03-21-2013, 02:57 PM
thanks, you helped me out a lot!

This works really well for setting up the SMB scans in a location where the IT rep is not really all that familiar with UNC naming conventions or you have many drives..S, T, U etc..Basically you are working backwards from the MFP to find the destination you want to drop the scans into..using this method you can be sure the folders are shared properly and the credentials you are given work..It's not very useful for "on the fly" scanning as you have to navigate each time and enter user name/ password each time...You do have to make at least 1 change..under ADMIN /TCPIP SETTINGS / SMB SETTINGS, turn ON SMB scanning. The other change that may be required is the PRINT SETTINGS in the same area...by default name here is WORKGROUP, which works just fine if the network is indeed a small workgroup (verify under control panel, system settings, computor name), but if this is a domain then you would need to remove workgroup and enter the domain here...Ex..Abccompany.com, then you would only enter "Abccompany"..You also need to verify you have the correct DNS and domain settings correctly entered under the basic TCP/IP settings. Emujo

miesjel
03-21-2013, 03:00 PM
when your creating address book entries, you can indeed browse the network from the copier to find where you want the destination to be and save it in the address book. You use the reference key which from memory is not on page 1.

As stated before, the machine still has to be setup properly or again, it will not come up with anything ;)

But by creating addres book entrie via the reference key is still only one folder at a time isnt it? You cant create an entrie to an server so you can click on it and search for the desired folder. If i'm correct you have to go to reference, browse to the server and then to the desired folder, put in your account details and then select scan. You cant skip the part where you need to put in your credentials.

Custom Search