PDA

View Full Version : Minolta di-1610

Custom Search

Destoned
03-19-2013, 03:43 PM
I trying to find a gdi driver for this product a hp compatible driver.

JustManuals
03-19-2013, 07:18 PM
No drivers here, look elsewhere.

kronical
03-21-2013, 10:47 PM
No drivers here, look elsewhere.

Ya know, you COULD try KONICA MINOLTA Global (http://www.konicaminolta.com) since, ya know, they made the thing.

Destoned
03-22-2013, 02:49 AM
I work for a KonicaMinolta dealer and have access to all the drivers but there is no Di-1610 windows 64 bit driver. I was hoping for a compatible gdi driver as we found some hp drivers for other models in the past.Thought maybe someone had encountered a driver that would work. Its all to help out a few customer who changed their PC's and would like to print to this unit.

Hansoon
03-22-2013, 06:46 AM
There's a W7 64bit driver for the BH-162 which is an almost identical machine.

Here is a workaround I found on the Internet some time ago:

"How To - Get around installing 32Bit Drivers on a 64Bit System
Time for another how to as I have come across this one a few times lately and that is how
to install 32Bit driver on 64Bit systems when you get the message to "Please insert the x86
Media" or "Could not find ntprint.inf for x86" dialog boxes. Typically you would get this
message when you go to Printer Properties > Sharing > Additional Drivers > x86 > Pointed to
the 32Bit driver > error.
The scenario that I am going to use is within a Domain where you are trying to install 64
and 32Bit drivers onto the server which you will then share out the print queue so that all
computers are covered.
When you come across this error, you may need the help of the IT people, or a customer
that knows either the "Domain Admin" or "Administrator" logon credentials. If you know what
you are doing, then you could also create a new user and add them to either of these groups.
1. Logon on to a 32Bit PC
2. Install the 32Bit Driver (doesn't actually have to have the port setup correctly, LPT1 will
do)
3. Start > Run
4. \\<servername> (where the print queue is installed)
5. Printer Properties if on a 2008 Server or Printers and Faxes > Printer Properties on a
2003 box.
6. Sharing
7. Addidtional Drivers
8. x86
You should now see that the drivers are being copied to the server. Once this is done, you
can then delete the local print queue that you setup on the 32Bit PC.
Now that you are completed, you can now point to the queue on the server and the 32Bit
and 64Bit PC's will automatically be given the print driver when they connect to the print
queue.
This doesn't happen all the time as alot of manufacturers build information into their 32Bit
print drivers to make them work on a 64Bit box for sharing, but every now and then you get a
pair of drivers that won't, therefore you would use the above procedures"

Hans

Destoned
03-23-2013, 01:31 AM
Thanks for reply I will try with the BH162.

Custom Search