PDA

View Full Version : Biz hub pro c500

Custom Search

blazebusiness
03-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Strange problem with transfer belt assy. Replaced belt and entire cleaning unit 3 months ago after discovering that toner had turned to pebble like rocks inside old cleaning unit causing wear on the belt. Waste toner pipe was not clogged and nothing was interfering with the flow of waste toner out of the cleaning unit. Customer called back today with sc45-20 code and upon removing the Xfer belt assy the belt had toner build up on surface causing the code. Removed the new cleaning unit and again....waste toner turning to rocky pebbles inside unit. Fuser temp is ok and cannot figure out what would cause this as there was no obstruction to let waste toner build up in the new cleaning unit. Been working on the c500 series for quite a while and thought i had seen it all. Any ideas?

Texers
03-20-2013, 08:50 PM
I havent seen these m/c in a while, so i may be wrong.. but i guess the waste pipes are pretty much the same as c6500... i would have a look at the agitator inside the waste toner pipes, maybe the top side is out of position and the agitator does not move up/down properly.. then check if the coil inside the cleaner is moving easy or any blocked gear.
To me, this looks like the waste toner is going nowhere and combined with the heat from the fuser is getting rocky..

Custom Search