PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Kon.Minolta Bizhub C280

Custom Search

tekkie
03-20-2013, 09:48 PM
I HAVE A BIZHUB C280 that has an ongoing problem I feed A3 from the second cassette and every so often the paper turns over at the lead edge rear corner about 2 inch fold when it happens you can hear a paper crinkling noise and the paper does exit the machine it doesnt jam. This doesnt happen on A4 out of the top cassette.I have fitted the reg guide mod for turning corners over and the plastic guide and mylar have been changed in the paper transport section just after pick up.The paper seems to get beyond the reg area before the crinkling noise is heard seems to be in the area between reg and fuser entrance.
Any help appreciated

EarthKmTech
03-20-2013, 11:23 PM
I know you say its after registration, but I've seen lots of these machines fold the corner of papers over at paper pickup because the paper stack does not sit level. Look in the side of the machine and see if the stack is lower at the rear when in the lifted state, if so "reforming" of the metal lift plate usually fixes this.

JustManuals
03-21-2013, 01:31 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

blackcat4866
03-21-2013, 02:04 AM
I've had this same flipped corners only from tray #3. Same leading edge rear, flipped back before imaging. No jams resulting.

I found two verifiable causes.
1) The transfer assembly came unsnapped at the rear.
2) A few weeks later I had a verifiable moist paper problem. 10 of 100 flipped on the problem paper. 0 of 500 flipped on new fresh paper.

=^..^=

RRodgers
03-21-2013, 03:24 AM
I know you say its after registration, but I've seen lots of these machines fold the corner of papers over at paper pickup because the paper stack does not sit level. Look in the side of the machine and see if the stack is lower at the rear when in the lifted state, if so "reforming" of the metal lift plate usually fixes this.

Yeah, I'm really starting to like this guy!! :)

dallas
03-21-2013, 05:49 PM
If I understand you right, maybe this countermeasure helps.
A piece of DF cleaning pad, insulation tape or something can be used to enlarge the space.

blackcat4866
05-15-2013, 02:25 AM
If I understand you right, maybe this countermeasure helps.
A piece of DF cleaning pad, insulation tape or something can be used to enlarge the space.

Thanks Dallas. This helped on the call-back.

EarthKmTech
05-15-2013, 10:11 AM
wow, could it really be this simple ?

I'm going to give this a go myself next time. I have quite a number of machines doing this, from all trays.

blackcat4866
05-15-2013, 02:56 PM
From new setups, I save all those replacement control panel stickers in French, Chinese, Hebrew ... whatever. It's nice heavy plastic and really sticky, and you'll always have a lifetime supply of them. Two layers = 1mm. =^..^=

lanierboy
05-15-2013, 03:51 PM
I HAVE A BIZHUB C280 that has an ongoing problem I feed A3 from the second cassette and every so often the paper turns over at the lead edge rear corner about 2 inch fold when it happens you can hear a paper crinkling noise and the paper does exit the machine it doesnt jam. This doesnt happen on A4 out of the top cassette.I have fitted the reg guide mod for turning corners over and the plastic guide and mylar have been changed in the paper transport section just after pick up.The paper seems to get beyond the reg area before the crinkling noise is heard seems to be in the area between reg and fuser entrance.
Any help appreciated

Try the attached olivetti bulletins (same as KM model) i have had this problem many times

cayyell
10-02-2013, 01:50 PM

Try the attached olivetti bulletins (same as KM model) i have had this problem many times

Thanks Dallas. This helped on the call-back.

From new setups, I save all those replacement control panel stickers in French, Chinese, Hebrew ... whatever. It's nice heavy plastic and really sticky, and you'll always have a lifetime supply of them. Two layers = 1mm. =^..^=

Thx mate, going to try these tml see if it helps. yeah

Hansoon
10-02-2013, 08:24 PM

I'm doing this since years, since the EP-Series times. I still have some of the nice soft stickers for the EP-5400 for special purposes. The best where those of the EP-1080 series. Really fat and stiff. Always believed I'm a little weird looking at that stack of lovely plastic sheets on the shelve in our warehouse but they are really convenient and really beautiful. :)

Hans

blackcat4866
10-03-2013, 12:16 AM
I'm doing this since years, since the EP-Series times. I still have some of the nice soft stickers for the EP-5400 for special purposes. The best where those of the EP-1080 series. Really fat and stiff. Always believed I'm a little weird looking at that stack of lovely plastic sheets on the shelve in our warehouse but they are really convenient and really beautiful. :)

Hans

... and hard to read, for me anyway. With your additional language skills you can probably read a few more. =^..^=

shamnad abdullah
02-19-2018, 06:46 AM
[QUOTE=dallas;349121]If I understand you right, maybe this countermeasure helps.
Thank you dallas...it really works:)

Custom Search