PDA

View Full Version : Image Unit Help

Custom Search

CopyXpress
01-31-2008, 11:11 PM
Hi, I've been having a rash of IUs going bad. Even if its well before even half-life. Most of them have been on CF3102, but just this week, two on a c350. The copies come out with a blurry/white streak going horizontal usually along the bottom of the page. If you do a test print > halftone you can see which IU is causing the problem, because it will have a matching streak on the test print. Upon taking these bad IUs apart, they'll be a part of the mag roller with no starter on it. You can kind of shake it around to even out the starter, and it will evenly cover the mag roller, but after a few turns of the mag roller (or a couple copies) it comes back. Are these all spilling starter, and theres not enough left to properly cover the mag? Or is it pilling up in there so its not spreading it evenly? Any help would be appreciated, thanks for your time.

artfer
02-01-2008, 02:32 AM
please, can you scan these test prints and send them to me.
artfer3@hotmail.com

random
02-01-2008, 05:44 AM
you solution may be here http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/7553-c450-yellow-imaging-unit.html#post19779 (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/7553-c450-yellow-imaging-unit.html#post19779)

mitchl
02-04-2008, 08:58 PM
you solution may be here http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/7553-c450-yellow-imaging-unit.html#post19779

I haven't seen this on a IU yet but it almost sounds like there's something floating around in the DV creating a bare area on the mag roller. I wonder what happens if you take a feeler gauge and fish it between the D blade and the mag roller, does the bare spot stay in the same place or does it move?

JSC
02-04-2008, 09:05 PM
It does sound like the seals on the toner hopper, i have had to change a lot on the C350's & C450's we even carry the seals and shutters on our car kits now, but i have not had a problem with any of my CF3102's.................Yet.

mitchl
02-04-2008, 11:12 PM
It does sound like the seals on the toner hopper, i have had to change a lot on the C350's & C450's we even carry the seals and shutters on our car kits now, but i have not had a problem with any of my CF3102's.................Yet.
The seals on the newer machines must be made in China!:eek:

shannon09
02-05-2008, 02:45 AM
we had a rash of these at dex nashville, it was thought to be humidity clumping the toner on the doc blade, try mitch's suggestion. that will tll alot

mitchl
02-05-2008, 05:56 PM
we had a rash of these at Dex Nashville, it was thought to be humidity clumping the toner on the doc blade, try Mitch's suggestion. that will tell a lot
There is something to be said about BASIC troubleshooting techniques. In the age of throw away components I think the art of troubleshooting is a dying concept.............. Being in Tampa I have seen some moisture related issues with IU's but nothing that a thorough shaking doesn't take care of in most instances............... Now if we can just get this NVRAM stuff down to a science we will be set!;)

CopyXpress
02-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Lost another one today! cyan this time, again on a bizhub 350. The seals appear to be fine, no noticable difference. The seals you guys are talking about, are they the ones on the IUs themselves where the toner pours in to mix with the starter?

The spot does move. If the spot on the mag is on the left, and you try and tilt some starter down to cover it up, it will move to the right.

One time, we tried pouring all the starter out, and then slowly working it back through, didnt work. Didnt notice any type of goober in there. The blank spot sometimes will grow/shrink as well. But it only does that when I'm tilting things around and trying to get it to properly cover.

Were a really small business and these IUs are starting to put a hurting on us! Appreciate all the help from everybody, definately gave me some leads to follow up on.

shannon09
02-06-2008, 02:45 AM
[
Were a really small business and these IUs are starting to put a hurting on us! Appreciate all the help from everybody, definately gave me some leads to follow up on.[/quote]

just fyi, konica minolta has an iu replacement policy, check out mykm.com

CopyXpress
02-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Yeah, funny you say that. We've been looking into it. thanks!

DadO
02-08-2008, 07:21 AM
Apparently, same problem's where transfered on Bizhub c252 and c352!

C252 had 16k copes and showed message " replace toner soon". After 500 copes the machine would stop u and asked for toner but in case of 252....she didn't.... witch cosed taking developer instead toner on yellow IU .

My machine in my copy shop C352 revealed her true indentity. Black IU has a few lines on dev roller. Machine have 20k copes....

Now if anybody could find a proper developer...that would fix the problems.
KM only refers to "change UI" witch is over 300€

from now on i can only replace IU since i tried a lot of options and no one helped

It's tricky for color machine to change its original developer but if someone has an solution....

Custom Search