PDA

View Full Version : Drysurf lubricant konica fuser

Custom Search

Lasersupplies
03-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Hi, I have a few konica c451 copiers that I am getting constant squeaking sounds from the fuser when sitting idol. I have read that drysurf lubricant sorts this but can't get any small bottles under £90. I was wondering if anyone knew were I could purchase this at a reasonable price?
Im uk based.
Many thanks

EarthKmTech
03-21-2013, 11:11 PM
low power mode 15 minutes, sleep mode 90 minutes, return to low power mode "immediately" NOT "normal". Cannot stress this enough - if its set to anything around 30 minutes or more, it'll come back. Give the customer the choice - squeaks or wait a few seconds to make a copy - i don't give them a choice at all.

replace or lubricate; eject drive, fusing drive unit, replace exit guide assembly with second revision A0P0 part number from C452 series.
replace fusing unit & lubricate rotation actuator on new fuser. New fuser should be late style with belt driven cam, not gear driven.

Follow this advice and you dont need dry surf, I've never opened my bottle & I still use molykote HP 500 and my machines run silent after im done.

Lasersupplies
03-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Thanks very much for the reply mate, i will try this all today and will let you know my results.

Cheers

Gort
03-23-2013, 06:35 AM
The bearings on the heat roller behind the cleaning roller cause many of the fuser problems.
I have tried Dry-Surf, it works for a short time. I use Molycote and/or fuser oil (aka silicon oil) to lubricate the fusers.

RRodgers
03-23-2013, 02:10 PM
I've used high temp wheel bearing grease and that seems to work as well.

rrrohan
04-06-2013, 12:36 PM
low power mode 15 minutes, sleep mode 90 minutes, return to low power mode "immediately" NOT "normal". Cannot stress this enough - if its set to anything around 30 minutes or more, it'll come back. Give the customer the choice - squeaks or wait a few seconds to make a copy - i don't give them a choice at all.

intresting idea will have to try this.

i set all my achines to low power in 30 sleep in 120.

whats your logic in setting low power mode?

i will try anyway, idle squeaks in fuser are a constant pain in the ass for me

EarthKmTech
04-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Low power mode blacks out control panel and stops fusing unit, its also very quick to wake from.

When a print job is sent, the machine will be printing it by the time the end user gets off their fat ass, and probably wont even know it was in low power mode.

When you also set the machine to "Immediate" rather than "normal" it will return to the previous state as soon as the print job is finished, i.e., the fuser will stop once again. Normal starts the count down again, defeating the purpose.

If a user walks upto the machine and wakes it up, it will have to wait to go back to low power mode regardless.

SLEEP mode, takes a shit load longer to become ready from, and can be as long as you like.

rrrohan
04-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Low power mode blacks out control panel and stops fusing unit, its also very quick to wake from.

When a print job is sent, the machine will be printing it by the time the end user gets off their fat ass, and probably wont even know it was in low power mode.

When you also set the machine to "Immediate" rather than "normal" it will return to the previous state as soon as the print job is finished, i.e., the fuser will stop once again. Normal starts the count down again, defeating the purpose.

If a user walks upto the machine and wakes it up, it will have to wait to go back to low power mode regardless.

SLEEP mode, takes a shit load longer to become ready from, and can be as long as you like.

so are you saying by doing this it doesnt fix the squeak it just stops the idling rotation of it to avoid the squeak being heard in quieter operation? and that during printing the sound of squeak (assuming its not really bad) will be drowned out by the operating noise of printing?

EarthKmTech
04-06-2013, 11:28 PM
No, its the excessive idle state rotation that causes the ware that causes the squeaking in most cases. By doing this the root cause is solved in many cases.

There are machines that are flogged on a daily basis and this will obviously not help a lot for those cases. Those machines will still require periodic lubrication etc, but i still get at least 6 months peace out of those. But to be honest since i have implemented these settings I havent been to a squeaking 451/452 series machine this year at all, its really quite rare now.

Obviously these settings are changed on a machine that is silent, or just been repaired. Doing it on one that is squeaking and nothing else wont achieve anything.

Custom Search