PDA

View Full Version : Parts for Riso brand Risograph GR3770

Custom Search

mhutch
02-01-2008, 02:19 AM
I am thinking of buying a GR3770 and wondered if anyone knows of a source to buy parts (not ink or masters)? Our local Riso dealer stated that parts are no longer available. Any help would be appreciated.

techathens
02-02-2008, 05:09 PM
I have been working on the RISO line since 1996, and was with RISO US (Danvers MA) until they shut down their Georgia / Atlanta offices in 2005. I have RISO clients that came over with me and several GR3770's. That said - the GR line is a very durable and robust line of RISO duplicators, mechanical rather than electronic and I have some that are pushing 10 million copies (Sun Printing, Hartwell GA) with just occasional maintenance.

Before purchasing the unit, run several hundred 11x17 20 lb bond paper copies through the unit to properly shake it out to make sure that the feed clutch, second paper feed (timing and guide roller), pressure assembly (pressure solenoid and pressure roller) and paper exit / suction assembly (another clutch and one-way gear/bearing) get to heavy operation mode / temperature. Sometimes misfeeds and jams do not take place until the units are run several hundred clicks.

Also burn dark 11x17 master and look for tiny lines less that a mm running vertically (top to bottom). This could be an indication of a Thermal Print Head issue and $$$$$$.

As far as parts go - the basic parts (stripper pads, feed tires, timing and guide rollers, solenoids, pressure rollers, etc) are still available and some are used on several lines of RISO products - RC, RA, GR, and FR. The problem is that the electronic parts (TPH's, Scanners and Boards) are not available.... new. A note - RISO parts are expensive from RISO or their authorized dealerships - there is a three tier pricing structure and this being a discountiued line, you will be at the top suggested retail pricing. Let me know if you need parts numbers or an idea of prices when / if you start pricing.

Best of Luck!

- LHS

gani
02-21-2008, 01:08 AM
Techathens,

You have mentioned about the TPH, do you have a part number for GR3775. Will you recommend a supplier/distributor where we could purchase the said item.

Thanks.

Gani

risoman
06-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Hello
there are no longer parts from the riso dealers to support the GR3770 machine.
With my experience THE BEST MACHINE from Riso.
I guess that riso prefer sale new models than older parts.
I have in my possession some spare parts for the GR3770 (1 brand new TPH ass'y )
part n° 019-95037-086 600Dpi A3
This is a main part for the gr3770, and can not been token from another model.
Best regards
risoman

Kopyrtek
06-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Have to agree with risoman...one of the if not the best machine they made.The somewhat newer RP models are okay but hell to pay with timing it when the drive gear breaks.As for the TPH..yea it is expensive...the most expensive one they have.But as far as the machine you cant go wrong with a GR.Have many that ran 10 million and are still going.

risoman
06-06-2008, 05:33 PM
i have mention the TPH ass'y part number for the GR3770 mach
risoman

drawkward
11-08-2008, 11:30 PM
I have GR3775 that has been rebuilt several times and was notified that the part were no longer going to be available. I would love to trade this thing in for another RZ990 so I will not have to deal with it. It was a great machine but I don't have time to do voodoo shopping to keep it running. I also have a ton of the different color drums that are now useless.

Anyone with any suggestions?

Thanks

techathens
11-09-2008, 12:50 PM
I would run it until it does not run any longer - you will get nothing in trade-in (i.e. bump the sale price up to cover the trade-in). I used to work around these sales personnel, almost became a part owner in a small dealership - be careful.

drawkward
11-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Thats the problem. It oesn't run any longer. Any other suggestions?

risoman
11-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Hello
If you want a unusuable and very strong first paper feed clutch for the GR3770, you may use the big clutch from the RG or RA series, part nr 011-11201-109 (unit p/f clutch)

CouponBookMan
11-10-2008, 04:02 AM
You may visit the eBay store of inter_sales. Here's a comment from them:

I sell a lot of Riso duplicators and I have parted out several GR3770 machines for spare parts. I would sell you the master making part called the thermal head for $250 delivered to your door! Let me know if you are interested. Have a great day! Lindsey

techathens
11-10-2008, 01:47 PM
What are the problem(s) is it exhibiting?

CouponBookMan
11-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Well when I got the unit in, it had a sensor problem on the paper infeed side. I corrected that and it ran about 100 beautiful copies. Then the next time I tried to use it, it wouldn't burn a master. Later it began crinkling the master during the 'burn' cycle. I had a tech out and he cleaned the rollers, and did some testing. It will burn part of the test pattern on the outside edges of the sheet, but not in the center. If we hold up the weighted bar toward the outside of the burning unit, it seems to roll the master out more evenly, but still isn't burning the whole pattern.

techathens
11-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Sounds like a Write Roller issue, without seeing the end product. It can, and will, become worn unevenly that will cause wrinkling of master material, uneven image, etc. The master material is fed between the write roller and the TPH - hopefully you do not have a warped TPH and/or a problem with the tension system for the TPH.

Make sure that the system that raises and lowers the TPH is not being obstructed by wiring, foreign objects, etc. And make sure that the two large springs are attached (top of upper master making unit, you will have to remove the cover [screws on the 4 corners of the cover]- remove two screws on the front and loosen the 2 on the top and the cover slides towards the exit area).

Artsmith
02-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Just got my first Riso. ($100 from a local church. Figured I couldn't go wrong.) It's a GR3750 with almost 2 mil prints on it, moves paper just great. It came with a black drum and a red drum. Both of them seem to turn out the same results: a print that looks kinda light or faded. Can anyone tell me if this is more likely an ink delivery issue or a master/burn issue, or something else completely? Thanks.

Kopyrtek
02-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Artsmith,
Check the pressure roller to see if it has swollen on the ends.Most of the time it is that or there is a build up of ink on the roller.Unless it is over the whole page, then you may have a different problem.

Artsmith
02-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Hey, thanks for getting back with me so quickly.

The pressure roller looks pretty straight. I cleaned it up (it did have some buildup on it) but the print looks about the same. I printed one large gray rectangle on a different printer, then copied it on the Riso. The whole image looks the same from corner to corner: light print with white flecks through it. I'm not sure if that's just the grain of the paper or the fibrous stuff the master's made of.

So I'm still stuck. Is there a next likely possibility? Or, just as good, does anyone know of Riso techs in the Portland Oregon area? If I can get this sucker going, I'm going to use it alot, so finding a good tech would be cool, too. I called the company that originally sold it and they won't work on an "obsolete" GR.

Thanks again in advance.

Kopyrtek
02-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Well......i guess the best thing to do is find someone to look at it.The pressure could be off,the ink bead shaft could be broken,the squeegee roller gear may not be turning all the time.
There are a multitude of things to go wrong at this point.So good luck in finding someone.If not,return here and we will help as best we can.

risoman
02-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Hello
I guess that the problem with your machine is a build up of dried ink on the micromesh screen around the drum.
First remove the master film of the drum. Moisture the screen with some diluant solution using a cloth. Repeat this operation a few times, until the dried ink is removed. Then make a master and check the result.
Probably this machine whas stored to long without running.

Enjoy

:)

risoman
02-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Hello
You have to check if the one-way clutch onder the driving gear of the write roller is still glued to the gear. If you can move the write roller in both directions, the problem is here.

totonicone
04-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Let me know what do you need. i may have them.
totonicoe

I am thinking of buying a GR3770 and wondered if anyone knows of a source to buy parts (not ink or masters)? Our local Riso dealer stated that parts are no longer available. Any help would be appreciated.

FPG
10-16-2010, 01:11 PM
totonicone, I am looking for (2) load springs and the silver aligning roller for my GR3770. I had a tech out and determined that this is the problem.
thanks, FPG press@fpgraphics.com

risoman
10-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Just got my first Riso. ($100 from a local church. Figured I couldn't go wrong.) It's a GR3750 with almost 2 mil prints on it, moves paper just great. It came with a black drum and a red drum. Both of them seem to turn out the same results: a print that looks kinda light or faded. Can anyone tell me if this is more likely an ink delivery issue or a master/burn issue, or something else completely? Thanks.

Hello
All what you have to do is remove the paper master from the drums and clean the outside of the drums with a clot soaked in petrol, and leave it a few minutes. I guess that the ink is dried on the surface of the drum.

Succes

Ratna
08-02-2011, 07:32 AM
can u supl;y Tehernal print head for Dr3750 A3 400dpi

risoman
08-06-2011, 05:35 PM
:( Hello
I have only a YPH for GR3770 (A3 600dpi
sorry

Best regards

JuliaWarner
04-17-2012, 12:41 AM
i believe my riso RA4200 has this issue you mentioned with the vertical lines running top to bottom - any suggestions how to fix this? what part exactly needs replacing? thnks! -julia

alexis
05-08-2012, 10:05 PM
hi,
i need GR3750 EPROM 5.02A or higher.
It's for connect SC7700 to the GR...
Thanks !

franjobrzi
06-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Hello all,
I am new to this forum. I found it looking for the motherboard (electronics) for your Riso GR 3770
DALI someone has worn out and that the desktop board.
Please give me someone can help in this.

franjobrzi

sklemetti
02-18-2013, 06:57 PM
I have a 3750 that is not working. The motor control board is not working. And other parts that I scavanged for my 3770.

I have a 3770 that just stopped working. The pressure control stopped working a year ago and I had to run things in test mode. The master making has been intermittantly giving problems, making blank masters, and just stopped permanently as it started giving T10 errors. It may need a ribbon cable that goes to the scanner.

I have some drums that I am looking to sell.
I have GR Blue and Red and Black drums. And a Black HD drum. The regular black does not
work in 3770 but the HD and color ones do.They work and I have tubes of ink for them and carrier cases. I don't know how much they go for.

If you need parts from either for spares, other than the parts that don't work, we can work out a deal.

I am at sklemetti@centralprint.net

feak2012
03-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Hello, sir, we are specialized manufacturer based in China, which combines the R&D,design, production, distribution and service of high quality duplicator consumables and copier consumables,and invested by three professionfal factories,and we are the only one Chinese duplicator ink manufcturer which pass the USA ASA audit and SOYOIL certification.

Also as a solo agent of Seiki, currently we can offer customers whole series duplicator consumables, it covers genuine Seiki duplicator machine, used duplicators, duplicator ink, duplicator master and parts for Seiki, Riso, Duplo,Ricoh and Gestetner and other brand.

For these parts, you can find its OEM number or description from our website: www.kreyoly.com (http://www.kreyoly.com)

And needs, you can mail us, we can quote you, and we can offer you these small parts and delivered by DHL or TNT carrier.

Thanks.

Sean

Kurt_s
04-16-2013, 04:01 AM
Hi, I've got a Riso GR3770 that was working perfectly well until a plastic part broke. The part is a little yellow lever/flipper-like thing. There are two of these under the top cover/document scanner. When the cover is lifted, both yellow parts are very clearly visible. One of these got trashed and cannot be glued together. Of the pieces that are broken off, I can read a partial part number: *17-24139. I'm pretty sure that the two parts are identical, but I can't easily read the full part number on the one left in the machine.

Has anyone got an old-stock or salvage part that I can buy?? I'd also be interested in a service manual....

Thanks!

JustManuals
04-16-2013, 05:32 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Iowatech
04-17-2013, 03:45 AM
Hi, I've got a Riso GR3770 that was working perfectly well until a plastic part broke. The part is a little yellow lever/flipper-like thing. There are two of these under the top cover/document scanner. When the cover is lifted, both yellow parts are very clearly visible. One of these got trashed and cannot be glued together. Of the pieces that are broken off, I can read a partial part number: *17-24139. I'm pretty sure that the two parts are identical, but I can't easily read the full part number on the one left in the machine.

Has anyone got an old-stock or salvage part that I can buy?? I'd also be interested in a service manual....

Thanks!

Just to hedge your bets, you might try posting your request for parts here too:
For Sale, Trade, or Wanted (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/sale-trade-wanted/)

Tom S
08-18-2013, 05:59 PM

Hi . I have riso GR3770 drums for sale colors are , bright red,blue,floresent pink,medium blue. make offer. tom 9545139756 tom.samchuck@gmail.com

Edibcosta
03-05-2014, 02:08 AM
[QUOTE = CouponBookMan; 48946] Você pode visitar a loja eBay de inter_sales. Aqui está um comentário de lhes: eu vendo um monte de duplicadores Riso e eu nos separamos fora várias máquinas GR3770 para peças de reposição. Gostaria de vender-lhe a tomada de mestre parte chamada a cabeça térmica por US $ 250 entregue à sua porta! Deixe-me saber se você está interessado. Tenha um ótimo dia! Lindsey

[/ QUOTE]

Olá amigo você ainda tem a TPh para a Riso GR 3770 e quanto vc faz ela para entregar aqui no Brasil em minha cidade. Desde já muito obrigado.

blagodaria
01-19-2015, 09:19 AM
Hello :). I know this may not be the best place to post but i really need help connecting the Riso gr3770 37 pin to SC7700. So i dont have a cable and i wish to make one, the 36 pin plug that goes to the SC7700 is is easy to find and i will wire it directly to the 37 pins in the Riso but i need wiring diagram for those pins. If anybody has such a cable could you please test it and let me know how the pins in the cable are connected?. thank you so very much for any help :)

onlygreatcopiers
04-19-2015, 05:52 AM
We are the largest supplier of USED RISO drums (over 400 in stock) and spare PARTS (http://rd.bizrate.com/rd?t=http%3A%2F%2Ftracking.searchmarketing.com%2Fc lick.asp%3Faid%3D1934050940&mid=66623&cat_id=25000100&atom=8663&prod_id=&oid=5307936336&pos=1&b_id=18&bid_type=0&bamt=a5fedf14fd8fec0d&cobrand=1&ppr=81057a841ccd61f6&af_sid=35&rf=af1&af_assettype_id=10&af_creative_id=2912) (most models) in the U.S.

We stock ALL USED RISO GR3770 parts and some NOS (new old stock parts).

Let us know if we can help.

Lindsey Interdonati
President

Only Great Copiers
Wilmington, NC 28405

Custom Search