PDA

View Full Version : FK 502 fax kit installation in bizhub C250

Custom Search

boboveride
02-01-2008, 02:37 AM
Hi,

Can anyone shed the light on this scenario?

I mounted FK-502 fax kit and connection board to a bizhub C250, but for some reason the machine does not recognize the board, even the fax button does not even work.

I bought the service manual for the unit and I searched for an answer, but it worth nothing.

I need help fast, please...

random
02-01-2008, 05:59 AM
the machine will not automatically recognize a fax, you need to tell it that it has one. The installation guide that would have come with the fax kit should tell you this.

mitchl
02-04-2008, 08:30 PM
In service mode go to "system2" then option board status and turn on the top selection which is fax, do not turn on the second line option unless you installed it also............. You may want to initialize the fax board also that is done under the fax tab in service mode, choose initialize and select the top setting fax function parameter, you should be faxin like a mo fo at that point!:p

boboveride
02-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Thank you, it worked... also for those have C250, to enter service mode use: utility/counter > details > stop 0 0 stop 0 1

Thanks again

mitchl
02-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Thank you, it worked... also for those have C250, to enter service mode use: utility/counter > details > stop 0 0 stop 0 1

Thanks again

One other thing, go into service mode, system 1, marketing area and chanage the fax target area to Canada................. Try to keep the info pertaining to service mode to yourself, most mortals will do nothing but wreak havoc on the machine with this information so there's no real need to go there!

Custom Search