PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C450 tray 1 feed clutch

Custom Search

rdyjnkns
03-24-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm working on a Bizhub C450 that jams from tray 1. After printing 50 or so pages, it will jam. Once cleared it will print 5 pages at the most then jam again, even after replacing the feed roller. After some research of the service manual, I believe that the clutch (CL-1) maybe defective. So my question is how do I remove it and what is the part number?

blackcat4866
03-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Before you do that, you might clean and re-lubricate the one-way bearings on the pickup and feed shafts. That resolves this problem on a lot of models.

What jam copes? =^..^=

knightfall
03-25-2013, 12:05 AM
I agree with blackcat4866 they cause a lot of jamming problems I keep a pill bottle filled with alcohol just to dump those 1 way bearings and shake for about a minute then wipe them down with a lite oil.

krm
03-25-2013, 01:51 AM
I agree with blackcat4866 they cause a lot of jamming problems I keep a pill bottle filled with alcohol just to dump those 1 way bearings and shake for about a minute then wipe them down with a lite oil.
I clean the shafts and bearings with alcohol, but leave the oil out. Won't that generate slippage? My method has been working for years and I never replace bearings. Just curious on the advantage of oil?

blackcat4866
03-25-2013, 02:28 AM
I've had a lot of different opinions on this topic. I have to say I used to leave them dry also, but started getting intermittent slipping.

They come pre-lubricated from the manufacturer with a light oil.
Under Wiki it comes up as a Sprag Clutch and may be lubricated with oil or grease: Sprag clutch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprag_clutch#Lubrication)
=^..^=

JR2ALTA
03-25-2013, 02:35 AM
Since Konica decides to make feed unit like Fort Knox, I absolutely, 100% replace these one-ways when replacing the feed tires. I don't have the free time or sense of humor to take that beast apart twice in one call.

RRodgers
03-25-2013, 04:08 AM
Since Konica decides to make feed unit like Fort Knox, I absolutely, 100% replace these one-ways when replacing the feed tires. I don't have the free time or sense of humor to take that beast apart twice in one call.

There was an update to the arm that drops the pick up roller.down. I just bend the linkage that drops the pickup roller down and has worked like a champ every tme. (I think I posted a picture on here)

EarthKmTech
03-25-2013, 02:33 PM

Thats all well and good, but the shaft surface actually gets glazed at the surface the needle rollers run along in the 1 way clutch, this will cause slippage even with a new clutch. This surface should be deglazed at the time of roller replacement. Furthermore, on high volume units, it may be necessary to replace the shafts entirely as their diameter shrinks or pitting occurs to the external layer in this region, rendering the shafts unreliable.

mo0651
03-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Is the paper getting out of the tray, and then jamming? Do you have a jam code? The registration clutch can cause jams from tray 1 when it starts sticking. And check the bushings on both ends of registration rollers. They can wear down.

Darren King
03-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Before you do that, you might clean and re-lubricate the one-way bearings on the pickup and feed shafts. That resolves this problem on a lot of models.

What jam copes? =^..^=

Tray 1 on a C450 is the same as a C352. Just one big feed roller and a little sep roller attached to the tray. Not the full feed assembly like the second tray.
According to the parts manual the part# for CL1 is 9322-1300-31.
I'm not sure how it comes out, I have never had to replace one.
Darren

paulrid
03-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Hi all,
hopefully not a stupid question but you never know :p
what is the "one-way bearings" on tray one pick up?
i have checked the parts manual and there isn't a part named that in tray 1 paper pick up section.
many thanks Paul.

Darren King
03-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Hi all,
hopefully not a stupid question but you never know :p
what is the "one-way bearings" on tray one pick up?
i have checked the parts manual and there isn't a part named that in tray 1 paper pick up section.
many thanks Paul.

The only one-way bearing in the 1st tray on a C450 is inside the feed roller.

paulrid
03-26-2013, 04:43 PM
The only one-way bearing in the 1st tray on a C450 is inside the feed roller.

Thanks Darren.

Custom Search