PDA

View Full Version : Konica C452 Scan to FTP

Custom Search

shelto1908
03-25-2013, 10:17 PM
I cant figure out why our companies C452 wont scan to a FTP site that is hosted with another company. I have tried using the IP address and the host name and it keeps saying "failed to complete job". The FTP site doesnt have any permissions that is stopping the IP address of the printer. Anybody have any ideas on Scan to FTP with Konica Minolta printers?

habik
03-26-2013, 02:42 PM
I cant figure out why our companies C452 wont scan to a FTP site that is hosted with another company. I have tried using the IP address and the host name and it keeps saying "failed to complete job". The FTP site doesnt have any permissions that is stopping the IP address of the printer. Anybody have any ideas on Scan to FTP with Konica Minolta printers?

Can you scan locally, to your local LAN.. perhaps using the FTP utility to begin with.

eliazar
03-26-2013, 03:03 PM

if u using pagescope ftp utility,make sure port no:21,tht its on anonymous,directory \,make sure the ftp utility icon appears on the bottom ryt of the taskbar,switch off the firewall nd if u hav an anti virus pls make sure tht its not blocking any incoming files.keep on rebooting the ftp utilityu until it appears on the task bar then i guarantee u it will work as long as the machine n user r on the same ip range

TheOwl
04-02-2013, 05:36 AM
Have you tried using FTP from a computer within your network to access the FTP server?

1. Open up a command prompt
2. ftp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Replace x's with IP address or DNS Name or FTP Server)
3. Login using the correct credentials

If you can't login using a computer, or even still, get a connection, then you know that the problem isn't your copier.

emujo
04-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Have you tried using FTP from a computer within your network to access the FTP server?

1. Open up a command prompt
2. ftp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Replace x's with IP address or DNS Name or FTP Server)
3. Login using the correct credentials

If you can't login using a computer, or even still, get a connection, then you know that the problem isn't your copier.

Owl, that is a great response..and it applies to all types of scanning, SMB, FTP, email, Webdav, If you can't get your own equipment to work how can you (the customer) expect the MFP to do what you're asking. This step sould be one of the 1st couple you take when trying to resolve scanning issues, get some of the heat off your back, and force the customer to take some responsability..Make them login with the account they provide and drop/delete a file into the folder, or login to the mail system with the provided credentials...Emujo

Custom Search