PDA

View Full Version : C220 No Cyan Density!

Custom Search

Gaffers01
03-26-2013, 12:47 PM
I have a C220 that has no cyan density all other colours inc Black are fine.

I have attached some prints for you to have a look at, I cant get my head around this one.

I know of a problem looking at Infohub with the black clutch but as far as i can tell the CMY are all driven by the same clutch.

Any ideas will be gratefully appreciated
Thanks

JR2ALTA
03-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Run a cyan print, stop and look at drum, if solid replace transfer belt. The belt has cams that drop down for CYM individually

blackcat4866
03-27-2013, 01:14 AM
I like your diagnostic method of pulling the cleaner 1/2 way. It reminds me of the days of analogs, when we would put tape on the primary to block primary charge to diagnose paper skew versus optical skew. Of course, on digitals blocked charge means a solid developed image rather than an analog void.

One new tool in my arsenal. Thanks! =^..^=

JustManuals
03-27-2013, 03:04 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Gaffers01
03-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Run a cyan print, stop and look at drum, if solid replace transfer belt. The belt has cams that drop down for CYM individually

Yeah I tried that but there is just spotting on the drum not a Solid.

I have tried replacing the HV board but that hasn't made any difference I think my next stop is the PH assy.

RRodgers
03-27-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm thinking laser.

Gaffers01
03-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Hi,

Just to let anyone know that has this problem, it was the Laser unit (PH ASSY).

EarthKmTech
03-27-2013, 10:25 PM
the ph unit is a common issue on these machines, I've had this issue too.

You also have to pray that the new laser unit isnt handled by morons as theyre quite fragile.

I had a pissed off customer to contend with and when i returned to fit the new one found that all the mirrors had fallen out internally. I pulled it apart and spent half an hour correctly reinstalling every single one of the clipped in mirrors. 3 removals and reinstalls were required before i had it aligned properly. Once done never heard back from them, problem solved.

RRodgers
03-28-2013, 01:54 AM
Hi,

Just to let anyone know that has this problem, it was the Laser unit (PH ASSY).

Glad you let us know.

Custom Search