PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C450

Custom Search

Laelo
03-27-2013, 02:16 AM
Hi Everyone!

My printer has started printing the text blurry on card stock, I was wondering a way to maybe clean it.

Do these printers have a preventative maintenance? Someone once told me that it would stop when it
needed servicing.

Also wondering about color profile settings on this printer?

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Laelo

JustManuals
03-27-2013, 02:58 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

blackcat4866
03-27-2013, 03:06 AM
Two equally important things:
1) Are you using the bypass tray?
2) Are you selecting the proper media type in both the machine settings and the print driver?

Is this a coated media? =^..^=

nmfaxman
03-27-2013, 03:21 AM
If printing regular paper looks good, can't be the machine.

Check the op manual for printing thick media through the bypass.
Drawers can only handle easy to turn paper. Bypass is a straight shot through the machine.
Also thick settings slow the machine speed to fuse the image better and increase fuser temp to melt the toner to the paper better.
If it is blurred, it is because the machine doesn't know how thick the paper is.

Sorry Paul, this is a RTFOM, not RTFSM.

Darren King
03-27-2013, 02:38 PM

Drawers can only handle easy to turn paper. Bypass is a straight shot through the machine

Actually paper from the bypass has to turn twice on its journey through the machine. It starts at the same level as the second tray.

Laelo
03-27-2013, 04:20 PM

Drawers can only handle easy to turn paper. Bypass is a straight shot through the machine.
Also thick settings slow the machine speed to fuse the image better and increase fuser temp to melt the toner to the paper better.
If it is blurred, it is because the machine doesn't know how thick the paper is.

I am printing on a coated stock through the bypass on thick 3 and it used to be alot clearer. I took out
the imaging units and cleaned the heads how it says on the inside of the door.
Not sure what is going on :(

thank you guys for all your help

Laelo

mrwho
03-27-2013, 04:58 PM
It's possible that the machine does it on all stocks, but it's only noticeable on coated paper. I'd try to remove all the IUs and Transfer Belt unit and then clean all the printheads with a moist cloth and then clean them thoroughly.

Laelo
03-27-2013, 05:38 PM
It's possible that the machine does it on all stocks, but it's only noticeable on coated paper. I'd try to remove all the IUs and Transfer Belt unit and then clean all the printheads with a moist cloth and then clean them thoroughly.

thank you so much!
is the transfer belt hard to take out?
I have never done that, I don't have a service contract with this machine either.

mrwho
03-27-2013, 05:43 PM
thank you so much!
is the transfer belt hard to take out?
I have never done that, I don't have a service contract with this machine either.
You really should have a service contract. Do this at your own risk:

- Open left door, remove waste toner bottle
- Open right door, remove two screws, one at each side of the trasnfer belt (they should be holding a metal part each that should come out as you take each screw)
- Take out transfer belt from the left side and place it on a flat surface.

I tell to remove the transfer belt so you can have more space to stick in your hands and clean the printhead - You can try to clean them without removing the belt, but unless you got small hands, I don't believe you'll be able to, and you risk damaging the belt.

Laelo
03-27-2013, 06:19 PM
You really should have a service contract. Do this at your own risk:

- Open left door, remove waste toner bottle
- Open right door, remove two screws, one at each side of the trasnfer belt (they should be holding a metal part each that should come out as you take each screw)
- Take out transfer belt from the left side and place it on a flat surface.

I tell to remove the transfer belt so you can have more space to stick in your hands and clean the printhead - You can try to clean them without removing the belt, but unless you got small hands, I don't believe you'll be able to, and you risk damaging the belt.

thanks.... it does seem a little tricky. Don't think I will try it. I have a call into Konica now!
will keep thinking.
Cheers
Laelo

blackcat4866
03-28-2013, 12:58 AM
How does it do on standard media? My bet is the finger gets pointed at the coated media. =^..^=

Custom Search