PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 350 random partial black pages

Custom Search

mrwho
03-27-2013, 09:39 AM
We've got one of these (awful) machines (I hate them!) doing partial black pages randomly. By randomly I mean it can be working for an entire day working fine and then, all of a sudden, start doing it on a couple of pages and then back to normal.

Here's an example (sorry for the low quality):

The white lines inside the black area look like electrical noise - the fault doesn't seem mechanical at all, rather some electronical or high-voltage problem. We've started by putting in a new PCU unit first and then a new developing unit after that, but to no avail (my colleague tells me that it just started happening more often after the new developing unit, but I can see no reason for that). After that, I tried to take out the PCB under the scanner and clean the memory and Novram contacts with a pencil eraser (I could tell the difference before and after the cleaning, so they were in fact dirty), but customer tells me it keeps happening.

Any of you had this before? My gut tells me to try the HV boards next, but I'd like some opinions before ordering them.

Cheers!

fixthecopier
03-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Sir, I do believe you are getting ready to change the laser. Actually very easy.

RRodgers
03-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Yeah, with the electrical noise in the copy as you have pointed out I'd start by swapping the laser.

mrwho
03-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Thank you both! I'll pass the info back to my boss. Will keep you posted!

Cheers!

Flash
03-27-2013, 11:33 PM
If the laser was going out you would get blank copies. If the drum is scored on one end down to the core that is what is causing your problem. The collars on the developer unit are probably wore out too. Replace the drum and developer unit and reset the counters and do an F8.

mrwho
03-28-2013, 12:19 AM
If the laser was going out you would get blank copies. If the drum is scored on one end down to the core that is what is causing your problem. The collars on the developer unit are probably wore out too. Replace the drum and developer unit and reset the counters and do an F8.

I'd normally agree with you, but as I stated, both the drum unit and developing unit are new.

Cheers!

wseyller
03-28-2013, 12:36 AM
For the laser unit to cause it, it would have to output more laser beams than needed to discharge the drum in those areas.

Does this happens with printing or does it only happens when making copies? If fine when printing from internal pages or from a computer maybe the scanner is outputting this bad image to the laser.

I would try the HV unit over laser unit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fixthecopier
03-28-2013, 11:07 AM

It is the laser. I am not just guessing. I know this from having had this as a work order more than once. It is not completely out, it is going bad. Also in the hundreds of drums I have changed for being damaged on 1 end, none have produced electrical noise as shown in the example.

mrwho
04-02-2013, 03:32 PM
As we're waiting for the laser to arrive, I went and replaced the HV1 and PSU with ones we had in stock from a working machine and the problem persists. Unfortunately the working machine's laser is different (the 250 and 350 have different laser units) so I can't test until the new laser arrives.

Will keep you posted!

blackcat4866
04-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Just curious, mrwho:

Is it just copies or prints too?

I've seen similar things on the Sharp Cougar series when the Xenon exposure lamp began to light slowly or not brightly enough. There was not enough original image to identify. The give-away was when the enduser had saved a couple sets of 10 copies. Being digital the machine used a single scan to produce 10 identical images similar to yours. A charge issue would present with reasonably unique images in a set of 10 copies, maybe even a few normal images.

I had been out on this particular machine 5 times, without ever seeing the problem and was getting pretty frustrated. Without the samples it may have taken even longer to diagnose.

Do you follow my reasoning? =^..^=

Custom Search