PDA

View Full Version : Reset CE password KM Bizhub283

Custom Search

simonhien
03-28-2013, 05:44 AM
Hi all, please help me !
I have a Bizhub283 and set CE password already, but now I forget this password :(, anyone can show me how to give back this password or anyway to reset it to default.
thanks all
Best regards

JustManuals
03-28-2013, 05:51 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

simonhien
03-28-2013, 06:24 AM
I already have parts and manual for this Bizhub, but it do not show how to do, I can pay a double of your price if you can show me how to change or reset the CE password to default
thanks

SmellsHot
03-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Order new NVRAM.... cause your screwed.....

Darren King
03-28-2013, 01:36 PM
I know this isn't helpful, but I don't understand why techs feel the need to change the CE password. Just leave it as the default and you avoid this type of issue.
Just my two cents. Darren

simonhien
03-29-2013, 03:45 AM
@SmellsHot: thank you, I thing this is the last way to do if I can not find nay more sollution ( ours local KM sollution :( , we can not buy a new one, just send the NVM Board with want to reset CE password to local KM, anh they will reset it )
@Darren : have you ever been in this situation: the customer change the mainternance service to another one and the old servicer set the CE password. I think this is the wrong way to manage the machine of KM or they know how to reset this password but not release. (just local use) thanks any way

emujo
03-29-2013, 01:54 PM
The only time you should EVER change the CE password is when customer uses the enhanced security mode. They choose the password and enter it themselves, you should not even see it..There is also paperwork that you have the customer sign stating that if they loose the password they will be charged the cost of the labor and parts to get the MFP back to factory. There is no way to reset this w/o a new NVRAM, and it clearly is stated in the service manual. EMujo

simonhien
03-30-2013, 02:09 AM
Thanks emujo,
what can I do with a new NVRAM, install it to MPF and do data recovery ? can I install a new NVRAM( from a new bizhub283) to it and do back up from Enhanced Security Mode ?

Custom Search