PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C253 with Fax

Custom Search

JSC
03-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Hi,

We have just installed a 2nd C253, and a couple of days later installed a 2nd hand fax unit. The fax board was from a C250 (It has the same part number as a C253 fax board) with a new mount kit. the customer does not have an dedicated fax line, they have a broadband line, with a pbx line filter for the fax to conect into.

We can not get the fax to work, their phone/network people say there is nothing wrong with the line or network, but if i plug in my anologe phone into the filter it does not ring when I dail up the fax, surly it should?

Any one got any tips for me, im meeting the guy from the phoe company next week on site and I want to make sure I have covered every thing from our side.

Cheers

emujo
03-29-2013, 01:45 PM
The FK-502 does work with both MFPs, and the customer would need 2 seperate fax lines to take advantage of the 2nd line, so if you are having issues my guess would be you either do not have the 2nd fax line installed through service mode, or the original C250 firmware is on the 2nd fax board and you may have to reflash it with the C253 firmware. Emujo

JSC
03-29-2013, 01:57 PM
The FK-502 does work with both MFPs, and the customer would need 2 seperate fax lines to take advantage of the 2nd line, so if you are having issues my guess would be you either do not have the 2nd fax line installed through service mode, or the original C250 firmware is on the 2nd fax board and you may have to reflash it with the C253 firmware. Emujo

Hi Emujo.

There is only one fAx board in the machine. The salesman forgot to put it on the paperwork hence having to go back a few days later and fit one, and all we had was one from a c250. Didn't think about the firmware. Doh..... I will try that when I go back.

thanks for the input.

tech51
04-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Hi,

We have just installed a 2nd C253, and a couple of days later installed a 2nd hand fax unit. The fax board was from a C250 (It has the same part number as a C253 fax board) with a new mount kit. the customer does not have an dedicated fax line, they have a broadband line, with a pbx line filter for the fax to conect into.

We can not get the fax to work, their phone/network people say there is nothing wrong with the line or network, but if i plug in my anologe phone into the filter it does not ring when I dail up the fax, surly it should?

Any one got any tips for me, im meeting the guy from the phoe company next week on site and I want to make sure I have covered every thing from our side.

CheersDo you get a dial tone on your analogue phone when its plugged into the customers socket? If not, then you have no hope of getting the fax working. Remember Konica fax boards are analogue and are not gaurenteed to work on any other system.

JSC
04-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Do you get a dial tone on your analogue phone when its plugged into the customers socket? If not, then you have no hope of getting the fax working. Remember Konica fax boards are analogue and are not gaurenteed to work on any other system.

no there is no dial tone, but you know what it's like you have some "expert" on the phone telling you there is nothing wrong with the line, the customer telling you it must be our fault because they always believe everyone but the copier engineer( I feel a rant coming on)You end up starting to doubt your self.

tech51
04-01-2013, 08:21 PM
no there is no dial tone, but you know what it's like you have some "expert" on the phone telling you there is nothing wrong with the line, the customer telling you it must be our fault because they always believe everyone but the copier engineer( I feel a rant coming on)You end up starting to doubt your self.
I've been doing faxes since the 1980s so take it from me the experts are everywhere! If I had a pound for every time I've been told the line is ok but it isn't I'd be retired by now & living the high life. Voice over Ip is another issue. It may work but won't be as reliable as a dedicated analogue line and is not supported by KM. You will need to find out exactly what system they are using and make it plain from the start what is supported and what isn't. Don't mean to sound harsh but you will cause yourself no end of future hassle if you don't. There are digital to analogue converters available that one of my customers uses which seem ok so that may be an option,but until they get that dial tone, nothing's going to work....

EarthKmTech
04-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Machine requires a 2 wire analogue phone line using the centre conductors ONLY. Any other configuration, unsupported. Some machines, i.e., the current range will result in a permanent off-hook situation if there is a socket wiring error and a line wired to the other conductors. Use a 2 wire RJ11/12 cable when ever possible.

I plug in my handset, no dialtone ? $300 bill, not my problem, see you later. It is not our job to diagnose each and every building fault for free like the customers expect us to do.

JSC
04-04-2013, 05:16 PM
* UPDATE *

I met the telecomes engineer at the site, still no dail tone.

Rang BT to check for a line fault after checking the cabling in the building, was told again that there was no fault on the line and it must be a fault with the fax, I insisted the fax was not at fault and after a bit of ranting BT agreed to do a line test again, they phoned back 10min later and said noting wrong with the line......... But suprise suprise when I checked the line I could get a dial tone, pluged the fax in and away it went quite happy.

BT GERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR........... .......

Thanks all who posted..

blackcat4866
04-04-2013, 05:28 PM
How funny!! Noone prepared to take the responsibility, then all of a sudden it starts working! Like magic!

Or like: " ... oh shit! Bill did you connect the line at the demarc? Me? I thought you did it! ... "

You've got to hold your ground when they tell you "It's working" when it's not. And don't expect an apology or explanation. They're not coming.
=^..^=

JSC
04-04-2013, 06:17 PM
And don't expect an apology or explanation. They're not coming.
=^..^=

I'll put it this way Im not holding my breath for it.

tech51
04-04-2013, 08:53 PM
I've been doing faxes since the 1980s so take it from me the experts are everywhere! If I had a pound for every time I've been told the line is ok but it isn't I'd be retired by now & living the high life. ...
Wahay!!! Another pound coin for my retirement fund!!!!!

Custom Search