PDA

View Full Version : Minolta EP2030 Malf. code C04

Custom Search

Pags
02-03-2008, 04:54 AM
Hi--
I am trying to repair this donated copier for my local animal shelter who can't afford a service call. I'm very good with electronics but have no copier experience. Approx. 6 seconds after power-up, the machine shuts down and gives the malfunction code of "C04". That code relates to either the cooling fan or the exposure lamp. The cooling fan wasn't moving when the power switch was on for those 6 seconds, so I removed it and put 18 volts (from my cordless drill batt) across it and it worked.
My question is can I change the exposure lamp myself without the aid of any manuals, or is it too difficult, and are there any alignment procedures I would have to worry about? If not, where and how much are these lamps? I found the field service manuals online for about 15.00 so I wouldn't mind buying it at all. Thank you very much in advance to anyone who may reply.

Carmine

Scott_Lewis
02-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Chances are you have an exposure lamp that is burned out. Most models will move the scanner and turn on the lamp as part of the startup sequence. Check the lamp and inline fuse for continuity.

The "C" code is Cyyxx where the xx's are shown in the display for the number of copies. You probably have a C0400 code.

Pags
02-04-2008, 05:32 AM
Thanks Scott. Is this anything that might be out of my league (due to disassembly or alignment procedures)? Would the top of the copier (auto doc feeder) have to be removed prior to removing the glass?

Rudi
02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
You Can First Try To Reset The Machine , On The Back Of The Machine There Is A Pwb , Around The Bottom Of The Board You Will See A Small Micro Switch You Have To Push The Micro Switch Before The Machine Switches Off Again.

mitchl
02-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks Scott. Is this anything that might be out of my league (due to disassemble or alignment procedures)? Would the top of the copier (auto doc feeder) have to be removed prior to removing the glass?
You don't have to remove the feeder to remove the glass, just make sure you have the machine unplugged before doing ANYTHING. The lamp is the long frosted tube inside the shiny silver metal reflector, look at it, does it show any dark areas or does it appear to be broken? If so you need a lamp and I would be glad to donate it and the shipping if this is the case. Installation isn't to tough on this machine and if were in doubt about the lamp do you know how to use a multi- meter to do a simple continuity check?

Pags
02-05-2008, 01:39 AM
RUDI: Thank you very much...I will try that first. I will be re-installing the cooling fan tomorrow, so while I'm in that area, I'll reset the switch in the 6-second window it gives me.

MITCHL: I don't know what to say about your offer except Thank You....very generous. I will be there tomorrow re-installing the cooling fan and after trying the reset switch on the pwr bd I will test the bulb and the inline fuse with my Fluke (been using a multimeter since about 12 years old...now 45!). I'll get back on here as soon as I have the results and post them.
Again, thanks for the donation if it turns out to be the bulb. They could really use this break.

mitchl
02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
No problem Pags, if you get me an email address I will send you the field service manual for your machine. By the way I love animals, we had something sick happen here last week and I have set up a reward fund to find the bastard(s) that did it, check out the link.

Rewards Grow For Info In Llama Killing (http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGB1BNWY9CF.html)

Pags
02-06-2008, 05:04 AM
Well, I re-installed the cooling fan and found that reset switch Rudi had mentioned, and sure enough that worked! I can't thank you guys enough...you all just saved the Humane Society hundreds of dollars. I was done so quick I started working on another electronic project after their contractor left them hanging for years.

Mitchl---You're right...that is some sick stuff. Just give me an address and 3 feet of piano wire ;). I volunteer 7 days a week and am helping out 2 shelters at the present time, and I know how you feel because I see alot of the results of what humans can do to animals. I'm going to donate some money in hopes the reward will be enticing enough to initiate the snitching process.
If the offer is still open for the service manual, I would love to have a copy of that for any future problems because they said they really work their copiers hard. Plus, I'll be able to do some maintenence on it every now and then. How would I get my address to you?

tashima
02-06-2008, 11:43 AM
hi carmine i´m gustavo from Argentina
the big matter in Minolta is the stupid 0400 it takes a difference with c0040
the fan in rear have two speeds one in iddle an one in run if tehe iddle speed are not detected in the pwb this shows the code, if you are good in electro then dissamble the fan and change an resistor in the bottom pwb.
the lamp may require an check with tester but the thermal fuse may to chech too , can find it in the carriage, so don´t touch the lamp with naker fingers
good luck and blesses

Pags
02-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi Tashima--
Thank you very much for your input on the fan...I didn't know it had 2 speeds, but the problem is solved...it was a reset switch on the back of the unit on one of the boards. It just needed to be reset. I'm still curious as to what tripped it.

mitchl
02-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Well, I re-installed the cooling fan and found that reset switch Rudi had mentioned, and sure enough that worked! I can't thank you guys enough...you all just saved the Humane Society hundreds of dollars. I was done so quick I started working on another electronic project after their contractor left them hanging for years.

Mitchl---You're right...that is some sick stuff. Just give me an address and 3 feet of piano wire ;). I volunteer 7 days a week and am helping out 2 shelters at the present time, and I know how you feel because I see a lot of the results of what humans can do to animals. I'm going to donate some money in hopes the reward will be enticing enough to initiate the snitching process.
If the offer is still open for the service manual, I would love to have a copy of that for any future problems because they said they really work their copiers hard. Plus, I'll be able to do some maintenence on it every now and then. How would I get my address to you?

I just saw where you got the machine going............ Your hired!

Hey Pags PM me your email address and I'll send the manual over when I get it ( the address that is). Its outstanding that you put that much time in at the pound, I'm sure the animals do appreciate it! No new news on the llama killer but the reward fund is getting up there now, there is a total of about 4500 between two reward funds so hopefully somebody rolls over soon!

Custom Search