PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to Lexmark

Custom Search

doug94550
03-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Hi Guys,
I am going to be picking up a predominate Lexmark territory soon. No inkjets. Just the new laser's.
I have plenty of experience in the industry but not on these product lines.
I was just wondering if you could give me your opinions of these.
Good points. Bad points. Things to watch for. Etc.
Thanks in Advance.
Doug

draph
03-29-2013, 09:45 PM
I work on a lot of the "S" and "T" series machines and love em. True workhorse. Think Sherman tank.

draph

JustManuals
03-29-2013, 10:54 PM
I have all the service and parts manuals for all the Lexmarks on my site at Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Silvertoast
03-29-2013, 11:00 PM
ruuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnn

x658's copies ran through the adf will always be slightly crooked, nothing u can do , the adjustment dont help

x463's feeder constantly jams (brand new out of the box) they released a tech bulletin for an updated sep pad but never released the part as available
200.32 feed jams, due to bad feed clutches, so common that now they inlude quick connects and have u cut the factor wires to install the new.
if u start hearing a popping noise when feeding paper out of tray one , the gears in the feed unit have gone bad

lots of 900 firmware errors on both series

fax issuse on all the lexmark mfps. they have new firmware to fix but we just got it from lexmark about a month or so ago (not available on there website yet) and to new to have a verdict if it works or not.

the newest medium sized mfp that just came out, we have had a few that the system boards took a dump after a couple weeks in the field

toners (especialy in the 463) do not go yeild. (currently sening every bad toner cart with event logs back to lexmark for product control)
the toners will start spilling toner and cause streaks on your copies, u can pull the toner out and see the streak marks on the toner roller

all that being said. once u learn how the machines come apart, they are very easy to replace parts (with the exception of the laser in 658)

havent had much trouble at all out of the color series for some reason?

the printers(not the mfps) are great

vanguy16
04-12-2013, 04:32 PM
X85X series seem to be prone to alot of issues.
Don't get fooled when you get a customer that states " machine wont boot, blank display, flashing greed/red status LED".
Insert a stick of RAM into the spare slot, voila. Lexmark will try to sell you a very expensive RIP board. 94% of the time, RAM works.

Be aware of 200.13 paper jams. Almost always the sensor inside the cavity that gets stuck. Alot of fuser errors aren't actually fuser issues, but an error that came about because of a previous jam.

X466 series, don't even bother trying to fix the ADF (minus the feed/pick roller/separation pad), no parts listed for them in service manual, just the complete ADF.

BE aware of NVRAM regarding Lexmark and the "marrying" of boards/parts once installed into a machine.

Get very used to the service menus. pressing and holding 2 & 6 gets you into Configuration menu. 3 & 6 into Diagnostics (very usefull) for almost all models.

Lagonda
05-22-2013, 09:35 AM
Are you sure you want to get involved?
Their printers are good
Their copiers are crap
Their tech support is appauling!!!

doug94550
05-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Are you sure you want to get involved?
Their printers are good
Their copiers are crap
Their tech support is appauling!!!

Well now I am involved and I understand everything you are saying.

Custom Search