PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Copy/Print Density Issue C451

Custom Search

tasjac
04-02-2013, 03:24 AM
Hoping someone can help. I had to replace gears, motors and bearing in the LCT base of a C451. That all went well apart from the shear pain of getting to the parts.

When the machine was put back together everything came upa dn no more grinding and jamming. On checking copy and print quality it was evident there was a significant problem as the copies and print would only come out at about 20% density.

I have done the following.
1. Changed all image units
2. Changed transfer beld
3. Changed transfer roller
4. changed EEPROM and reprogrammed
5. cleaned all terminal and sensors
6. Checked transfer roller lift motor
7. Cleaned IDC sensors
8. Checked all transport gears and morots.
9. Checked all connections on PCB correct and firm, and reseated all.
10. Checked all connection FROM PCB board and reseated all.

When stopping the machine halfway through a print or copy it is evident that the image on the transfer belt is strong and correct, but it is not tranbsferring across to the paper.

I have referred to KM Tech support, but as yet they can't give me anything else except the manual or existing solution reports.

I am about at my wits end, if anyone has come across this problem before and has been able to solve it I would very much appreciate it.

Mr Spock
04-02-2013, 05:04 AM
Check the connectors from the transfer roller to the door and possible HVT pwb.

tasjac
04-02-2013, 05:14 AM
Yep already done, transfer roller is working fine as is the transfer roller lift motor. I have also checked all wires for damage (like being crimped in doors), as well as checked them with a multimeter and they are all working fine.

Have checked voltages all around the machine, espcially around the vertical transport, transfer roller and transfer belt and all is within specs.

Thanks for the thought though

emujo
04-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Did you remove the HVTs when you were doing the original fix? If so, you may just have a poorly seated connection..not the wire, but the little areas ( 4 I think) that have the 2 wires running verticaly and the post fits through them. Also, looking in the state confirmation, level history page 1 and 2, does all look OK here? I am assuming that since you had no CQ issues before this, you must have put something back together incorrectly. Emujo

tasjac
04-03-2013, 05:14 AM
I did remove the HVT when changing the parts, I have just removed them again and re-seated them to ensure a good connection. I have checked the level history pages, but nothing seems to stick out. Unfortunately still having the issue. I will go through the level histories.

Custom Search